JK Overland Project: Expeditions West 3.0

cbboard

hey scott, what was the reason for switching out the white mopar steel wheels for the black AEV savegre's? how did the white hold up?

nwoods

Expedition Leader

-XJ-

Observer
This JKU reminds me of the one that was used in 4whlr mags 4 part mexico to canada overland series.. Same one???

406to417

Explorer
Yes it is the same one.

As for the wheel switch AEV may of asked them to do it for the TV show or they may of just liked that design better but they had any issues with the steel wheels.

udoxx

Observer
Yes it is the same one.

As for the wheel switch AEV may of asked them to do it for the TV show or they may of just liked that design better but they had any issues with the steel wheels.

Many? or did they have any issues? Inquiring minds want to know...

udoxx

Observer
I am watching Dangerous Drives AGAIN (love the DVR). It was televised winter 2010 and I noticed the JK Overland Project had black Saverge wheels on them at that time as well. I believe it was a matter of preference for the show since they were testing AEV products.

Yes, steel wheels are more durable but heavier and that particular set requires spacers. More unsprung weight; more pieces to fail compared to alloy

Last edited:

Trail_Blazer

We will add another layer and create the option for sleeping inside. Fridge, fuel storage, additional water storage and storage for recovery equipment.[/QUOTE]

Scott, did you build the floor yourself or is it an off-the-shelf model?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven