JK X Suspension help

JK-Mg1212

Observer
No wheel spacers on mine and I am using stock Rubi wheels. Running Duratrac 285's, couldn't be happier with the tires.

I'll try and snap some pics soon. Suppose to be in the 50's here today, the Jeep needs a bath to get all the salt and sand off of it from all the snow storms.

Hmmm, I was leaning to the Duratracs too. They sound like a good compromise between an AT and MT tire. MT is out due to the winter conditions here and for drivability. Did they change your fuel mileage much?

njjeepthing

Explorer
Hmmm, I was leaning to the Duratracs too. They sound like a good compromise between an AT and MT tire. MT is out due to the winter conditions here and for drivability. Did they change your fuel mileage much?

I'm averaging between 17-18 MPG right now, 18 being the highest it's been so far, seams to stay around 17- 17.4 as a DD, towing my M416 it's dropped to 16ish or a bit less. According to my GPS my speedo is right on, I haven't altered any settings with a computer or module or anything like that. I do have a 6 speed not an auto, that will probably make a difference!

The Duratrac's so far are great, I've obviously had them in a ton of snow, and they did great, a bit of sand and mud, no issues there either, I have yet to get them on the rocks, but I am hoping to soon. They are a nice cross between a MT and an AT. The AT's weren't enough for my use, and I didn't want another KM2 or MTR type tire, so I chose the Duratracs. I am not a huge Goodyear fan, always been a BFG guy, but I do really like these. The other tire I was considering was the Cooper STT, but I couldn't find a local dealer that could get them quickly. The Dura's ran be about $225 a tire IIRC.

JK-Mg1212

Observer
I'm averaging between 17-18 MPG right now, 18 being the highest it's been so far, seams to stay around 17- 17.4 as a DD, towing my M416 it's dropped to 16ish or a bit less. According to my GPS my speedo is right on, I haven't altered any settings with a computer or module or anything like that. I do have a 6 speed not an auto, that will probably make a difference!

The Duratrac's so far are great, I've obviously had them in a ton of snow, and they did great, a bit of sand and mud, no issues there either, I have yet to get them on the rocks, but I am hoping to soon. They are a nice cross between a MT and an AT. The AT's weren't enough for my use, and I didn't want another KM2 or MTR type tire, so I chose the Duratracs. I am not a huge Goodyear fan, always been a BFG guy, but I do really like these. The other tire I was considering was the Cooper STT, but I couldn't find a local dealer that could get them quickly. The Dura's ran be about $225 a tire IIRC.

I always lean to BFGs too. I've got an auto with 3.73 and I think the Rubicon come with 4.11? I get right around 19 and sometimes 20 mpg if I keep it around 70 (downhill with tailwind:sombrero:). As long as it stays about 17 I can live with it.

Looks like you have had a few JKs! I'm thinking about the Mopar front bumper too at some point.

njjeepthing

Explorer
I always lean to BFGs too. I've got an auto with 3.73 and I think the Rubicon come with 4.11? I get right around 19 and sometimes 20 mpg if I keep it around 70 (downhill with tailwind:sombrero:). As long as it stays about 17 I can live with it.

Looks like you have had a few JKs! I'm thinking about the Mopar front bumper too at some point.

Yup, been through a few Jk's, Tj's, Xj's, about 18 in total since 1996!
Yes the Rubicon's have 4:10's in them.
For the money the Mopar front bumper can't be beat, the newer style one's have cut out's for the factory fog lights, last time I checked they were on nationwide backorder though. I had both front and rear Mopars on the 2 door, the tire carrier leaves a bit to be desired though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk