Just another Jeep

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
A few from my latest adventure seeking the wildlife of the Flint Hills region of Kansas. While certainly not as grand as the Tetons or Wild as the Ozarks. The Flint Hills offer remote and wide open areas, stellar sunrises and sunsets, and a unique perspective on natural beauty.

My favorite kind of sign...
One of my favorite types of signs... by Tim, on Flickr

Heading to Coyne Creek Rd. by Tim, on Flickr

American Bison
Bison by Tim, on Flickr

Obligatory Jeep pic. At one point I actually used 4x4. Not all flat back roads.
My jeep waiting patiently while I take pix... again by Tim, on Flickr

More bison...
Bison by Tim, on Flickr

Wild Turkey (not the beverage)
Turkey by Tim, on Flickr

This one place you can almost always find wild horses congregated on a hilltop. It's possible one of the local ranchers feeds them. IDK.. but the herd seems to really like that hill.
Horses by Tim, on Flickr
Horses by Tim, on Flickr

More pix if you're interested.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Trying something new... the mounts were given to me years ago, and I've been debating on how to use them. Recent scamazon sales prompted the purchase of a 50" light bar., the pods were purchased some time ago. So I went at it only to discover the mounts were designed for a 52" bar. Some pondering occurred and a solution was dug out of of the parts pile (aka the garage). The job is not complete, I still need to wire the lights to the newly installed gang switch. But the bulk of the work has been accomplished.

The lights
Lights by Tim, on Flickr

How to fit a 50" light bar into a 52" space... use 1" seat lift pucks.
seat lift by Tim, on Flickr

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
This will all get removed tonight. I had heard wind noise could be an issue. That fixable. What I wasn't prepared for was the harmonic resonance of the cooling fins and the insane amount whistling. the resonance starts around 45 and only gets worse from there, then the whistling kicks in. It's all still new enough and clean enough to send back to scamazon.
Going to look into other options... thinking of building a bar then adding a hand full of 4" LED pods from HF... they've apparently stepped up their off road light game quite a bit recently.

Regardless of where I go from here, it's back to the drawing board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC