Just finished a conversion on a G63, only Portal axle G63 in the country!

McBride

Adventurer
Bill,

Quick question. I think you mentioned at some point that the LetechUsa portals have 3 gears. Is that correct info?

Thanks.

Scott Brady

Founder
Bill,

Quick question. I think you mentioned at some point that the LetechUsa portals have 3 gears. Is that correct info?

Thanks.

I think all portals need three gear or a planetary system, otherwise the axles would spin the tires in reverse.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Not really "bling" this conversion is completely hard core off road capable! :)

I think it looks great. The 544 HP is modulated by the engine computer to protect the driveline in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm sure it would handle deep soft sand without any problems. Add a premium sound system, and some luxury conveniences and there it is. You can even send the COMAND system maps and routes from your desktop computer.

McBride

Adventurer
I think all portals need three gear or a planetary system, otherwise the axles would spin the tires in reverse.

That's correct for bolt on portals. I believe there are some types of portal axles that are two geared and do exactly as you say. My question about the LeTech's could have been more clear. I'll restate.

Do the LetechUsa portals have 3 or 4 gears within the portal housing?

Thanks

LeTechUSABill

Observer
you dont know such base information for a product you are selling? thats....funny.

The ratio is not that important to most of our potential customers, all they want to know is will my speedo and other systems still work or will I have a bunch of errors flashing in my face?

Andreas probably doesn't want to broadcast the information because others will just copy it.

Like it was posted, it is simple math, just buy one from me, drive it at 60 mph and see what rpm you are turning. :)

Last edited:

LeTechUSABill

Observer
That's correct for bolt on portals. I believe there are some types of portal axles that are two geared and do exactly as you say. My question about the LeTech's could have been more clear. I'll restate.

Do the LetechUsa portals have 3 or 4 gears within the portal housing?

Thanks

Three gears 4 inches wide, unbreakable, unlike other brands.

onemanarmy

Explorer
do the tires have to stick out so far?

A widened stance on most trucks/SUVs is not a good look. The design of the vehicle takes into account tire size and track width and wheelbase. Venturing away from that takes away from the whole package. (andno, I'm not talking about a hacked up jeep for off road use, talking about a $100,000 brand new SUV)

Any gearing changes to account for the much larger tire size?

LeTechUSABill

Observer
do the tires have to stick out so far?

Any gearing changes to account for the much larger tire size?

Nope, I left the stock flares on this one for now, the new owner can pick if they would like it as is or with these flares in this picture.

The narrow stock flares will be allot better for off road use, the wider ones just get in the way allot through some of the narrow obstacles I find myself in around here.

No gearing changes needed.

attachment.php

ILIAN

Adventurer
It's better with wider fenders to protect that expensive paint job from rocks. Also it's important to offer some custom longer mud flaps. I know they don't look that great but it will save the vehicle over the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal