Just got an M101A2, hitch question

TKM101

I'm new to the forum, so let me know if this is the wrong place to post.

I just purchased an M101A2, I don't like the hitch it has, with the hydraulic brake actuator. I don't mind the Pintle Hitch, but I've seen other models with a lower profile hitch, this one is just big and bulky and I'm going to want a different trailer tongue jack wheel anyway. I'm going put the Timbren axle-less suspension so the Hydraulic brake actuator isn't needed.

PXL_20240419_204420259.jpgThis is my M101A2

PXL_20240419_204342690.MP.jpgThis is my hitch
preferredHitch.pngThis is what I would prefer, something not as bulky, can purchase this piece to just unbolt the other and bolt this one in or will I need to weld something if I want a different hitch?

Any suggestions would be great as I am new to this whole process.

Also, what does one of these usually go for? ( just want to know if I paid too much haha)

Thanks!

Last edited:

wADVr

Adventurer
I would look into this product and see if the angle and mounting holes mach the M101. It looks close if not perfect from the pictures.

I made my own very similar to this and used a MaxCoupler set up. Have liked it and saved a bunch of weight. Can also buy a lunette ring that has a 2” tube on it to adapt to the product I linked above.

TKM101

I would look into this product and see if the angle and mounting holes mach the M101. It looks close if not perfect from the pictures.

I made my own very similar to this and used a MaxCoupler set up. Have liked it and saved a bunch of weight. Can also buy a lunette ring that has a 2” tube on it to adapt to the product I linked above.
Unfortunately its a different angle or that would have been perfect.

I would like to find something like this :

But the trailer is about a 30 degree angle so those won't work either.

I'll probably just have to get something fabricated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues