Land Cruiser Photos

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion

Uyuni Salt Flats, the largest in the world. Bolivia.
DSC00930.jpg

Crossing a collapsed bridge in Brazil
Expprtl4.jpg

Those are some great pics, but the two above are way :cool:

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
About to field test my helton hot water exchanger... (notice the two quick connects on the bumper)

IMG_4907.jpg

I LOVED IT!

gilghana

Observer
I didnt know the 105 could be so basic.
When you say no free wheeling hubs,do you mean they are permanently locked like an old jeep.

Sorry Rosco - missed that. Yup, the white 105 and last two 79 series we purchased all came with no FWH... Just a normal front drive flange like a Defender. Interesting as every other cruiser we have ever had (well, the part time ones anyway) had FWH.

To keep on topic - here's my '78 which is now in a container on a boat heading for Walvis Bay Namibia :)

CIMG2831.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Sorry Rosco - missed that. Yup, the white 105 and last two 79 series we purchased all came with no FWH... Just a normal front drive flange like a Defender. Interesting as every other cruiser we have ever had (well, the part time ones anyway) had FWH.

To keep on topic - here's my '78 which is now in a container on a boat heading for Walvis Bay Namibia :)

CIMG2831.jpg
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: those are about the most perfrect platforms for my dollar right there. I like the Troupy most, but boy I'd LOVE to drive a 5spd 105 with the Turbp Diesel... You lucky basterd ;)

Cheers

Dave

gilghana

Observer
Thanks Dave! The 105 is no longer "mine", but yeah it was a nice vehicle. Unfortunately the 105 never came with the 1HD-FTE which it should have... The only diesel option was the 1HZ. It was the 3rd 105 that I had and the best. I am not too distressed about leaving the 105 as we fly on Sunday to Namibia to (hopefully...) pick up the troopy and start travelling - can't frigging wait. Will keep the forum posted occasionally, as well as 'MUD where the full build and story is:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/70-series-tech/248196-78-series-tourer.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven