Latest Photo?

MattM

um I hope you accidentally said wetsuit when u reallllly meant a DRYsuit...no??? ok you r nutz!

haha nope wetsuits. They are 6/5 very warm but your face hurts for the first couple of minutes till you can't feel it any more!

I live in Toronto and mainly surf Erie and Huron sometimes ontario if it's really good and it has to be really good for me to get in that water! I have surfed all the lakes except Superior and I am just waitin for a chance to give her a go someday soon!

Thorton Melon

Waiting for me to sweep the garage out before maintenance/install work starts...

attachment.php

Attachments

• WKNDDWay-09.jpg
    WKNDDWay-09.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,255

gilghana

Observer
Fireflyr - I have to say that is probably the nicest looking 40 series that I have ever seen - absolutely smashing!!!
Gil

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Here's my latest Cruiser shots, garage queening it for the winter awaiting some spring adventures when there isn't 5 feet of snowpack. Note the unfinished garage project still dragging out! haha
023.jpg

Action shots or no... I love your 80 Series. If I could get a Turbo Diesel (a Toyota Turbo diesel) over in these parts I'd really consider getting into an 80 series. THey really are about the BEST Overland platform ever offered in N.America... Oh and I just really like yours, I like the low COG the ARB etc. I just love the stance and what you've done with it, not to mention that it looks like it's been used and abused in pursuit of fun the way a Cruiser should be mate ;) Looks like you need some sliders though eh... I'm in the same boat too, I hope n either one of us munch our rocker pannels in the meantime ;)

Treated the top with Canvac, loaded the trailer and took the wife to the desert to camp overnight.

100_3031.jpg

100_3035.jpg

100_3045.jpg

100_3048.jpg

Man that IS one AWESOME 40 Series. I've been surfing a really rough Patrol forum (I'm trying to get to know these trucks a little more in depth rahter than just what I remember failing on the ones I wheeled with in Australia) where everyone pretty much bashes Cruisers... yeah there are some pretty amazingly un-informed 4wheelers out there to say the least ;) . Glad to see a nice, clean, beautiful FJ40 to put a smile on my face. LOVE the truck, but I hope and pray it's not running some POS Chevy drivetrain... It's still Toyota right??? Either way, it's beautiful.

Cheers

DAve

fireflyr

Adventurer
"Man that IS one AWESOME 40 Series. I've been surfing a really rough Patrol forum (I'm trying to get to know these trucks a little more in depth rahter than just what I remember failing on the ones I wheeled with in Australia) where everyone pretty much bashes Cruisers... yeah there are some pretty amazingly un-informed 4wheelers out there to say the least . Glad to see a nice, clean, beautiful FJ40 to put a smile on my face. LOVE the truck, but I hope and pray it's not running some POS Chevy drivetrain... It's still Toyota right??? Either way, it's beautiful."

Dave,
Thanks for the kind words. It still has an F engine, although I went with a 1973 F Transition engine. Basically the 2F block with the smaller displacement. I still have the rest of the stock drivetrain installed (3 speed on column etc.). This vehicle gets wheeled, just nothing extreme. This one will remain as is but eventually I'll build up a turbo diesel Landcruiser. Someday.

fjrebuild006-1.jpg

fjrebuild006-2.jpg

weatherm

Adventurer
Here is mine. I'm still working on mechanical and then cosmetic. It is now road worthy but not off road yet... Need to get a longer rear flex line for the rear brakes (WHAT WAS THE PO THINKING!) Everything is worked out... just that.

Had to give her a cosmetic facelift... she looked like CRAP when I picked her up. Trust me this thing looks brand new since I have picked it up and devoted every free hour I have had over the past 1.5 months.

Nice cruiser firefylr.. I think I talked to you on MUD

Attachments

• 2964_581520691173_46207194_34296322_1180220_n.jpg
    2964_581520691173_46207194_34296322_1180220_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Simply gorgeous mate... thanks for sharing more pics of this beautiful 40 series, I love that it's still runing Toyota parts. IS that Eshan top something special??? I admit I don't know anything about it or any story there might be behind it. I will say it LOOKS really neat and very classic "safari" eh. You sure have one wonderfuly cared for truck, glad to see an old legend get what it deserves: A freshing up and back out on the trail... THere I go rambling on Oh well, I love your truck.

Cheers

Dave

fireflyr

Adventurer
The tops are made by Ehsan in Pakistan and they're the only ones I know of that are made to fit the OEM bows. They also make fenders, bow sets and other assorted body parts. If you do a search on IH8MUD for 'Ehsan soft tops' you'll see that there are alot of them around on really nice rigs.

Here are some more soft tops:

OEMsofttopEhsan004.jpg

73fj40restorationsidewithtop3l.jpg

383512261_kU2tU-L.jpg

1.jpg

n10202373_36799136_1043.jpg

Johnny_boy_1984

Landcruiser BJ45

Hello everybody, i've just registered here. I have a BJ45 for one year now. I've fixed the chassis and driveline. In the July or August me and my girl want to go to Norway with the Cruiser. So I still have to build a kind of drawler system in the back. Next winter I will probably start with all the bodywork.

Landcruiser BJ45 (1981):
DSC_4610.jpg

DSC_4616.jpg

DSC_5999.JPG

DSC03487.JPG

P3290020-1.JPG

P3290030-1.JPG

Greetings!!!

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
The tops are made by Ehsan in Pakistan and they're the only ones I know of that are made to fit the OEM bows. They also make fenders, bow sets and other assorted body parts. If you do a search on IH8MUD for 'Ehsan soft tops' you'll see that there are alot of them around on really nice rigs.

Cool thanks for the info mate, I really like those tops adn now that I really look at them I HAVE seen them on some very well restored cruisers, just never really specificaly noticed them untill now.

Oh and can I just say: :drool: :drool: :drool:

OEMsofttopEhsan004.jpg

That is one awesome 40 series too. Those wheels go such a long way to making a Cruiser look truly "perfect" IMO. Add some tall skinny "farm tires" and I'm sold... Great now I'm dreaming about what these would look like on my 4Runner... Those are the 70 series "Split Steelies" right???

Cheers

DAve

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Dave... Those are just stock 40 wheels without centers. If you look close you can see the clips. Look at the other 40s in the same post as that AWESOME red one and you can see the same wheels behind all the factory center caps.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Dave... Those are just stock 40 wheels without centers. If you look close you can see the clips. Look at the other 40s in the same post as that AWESOME red one and you can see the same wheels behind all the factory center caps.
Oh yeah, good call, I hadn't noticed that. What's teh bolt pattern of these rims and does anyone know if they'd fit on a mini-truck/Hillux??? I now have ehse rims running about in my dreams. Maybe I'll just have buy a Cruiser now so I can run these rims... oh darn, that'll be so hard to swallow ;)

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven