LC pics from ExPo members

iron pig

Sorry if this has already been done but I was hoping some of the members would post pics of their LC's here in one thread.

Remember I am soon to be a true member ( I hope to buy an LC soon ). So help me with some inspiration.

Thanks. :safari-rig:

Brian894x4

Explorer
I love it. That is pretty close to what I aspire to build someday. :bowdown:

With the wheels, are they poweder coated or just spray painted? Did you remove the tires and take them somewhere?

blupaddler

Conspirator
Darn Jeb and his super-cool landcruiser. I think every 80 hopes to grow up like his. :26_7_2: :26_7_2: :26_7_2:

I can answer some of Jeb's questions...
His wheels are powdercoated. I don't know if he removed the tires or not.
MY wheels are painted ($20 @ the depot).

Jeb, quick question for you...Are your second row seats in? Do you have the "bed" extension for your drawers?

The first pic should be the most recent...:rolleyes:
Rack is gone! Front is now 850J (anyone need 850's?)

Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Here's a few from a trip last summer into central Nevada.:camping:

Pre OME mediums.

Jack

Skillet

Adventurer
Brian894x4 said:
I love it. That is pretty close to what I aspire to build someday. :bowdown:

With the wheels, are they poweder coated or just spray painted? Did you remove the tires and take them somewhere?

Thanks! The wheels are powder coated. Put it up on Jackstands, Took the wheels down had the tires removed and took them in to a local powdercoat place, covered with dirt and 13 years worth of scum.

Came out shiny and like new.

Rattle cans work well too, I have seen some turn out very well and a whole lot cheaper than my route but I love the way they clean up and still a lot less than new rims.

Skillet

Adventurer
blupaddler said:
Darn Jeb and his super-cool landcruiser. I think every 80 hopes to grow up like his. :26_7_2: :26_7_2: :26_7_2:

I can answer some of Jeb's questions...
His wheels are powdercoated. I don't know if he removed the tires or not.
MY wheels are painted ($20 @ the depot).

Jeb, quick question for you...Are your second row seats in? Do you have the "bed" extension for your drawers?

The first pic should be the most recent...:rolleyes:
Rack is gone! Front is now 850J (anyone need 850's?)

Robb, you are too kind. Thank you.

Your paint job on your wheels made me wish I could go and get my powder coating $$$ back. Oh, well.

To answer your question, the second row seats are left in. I still drag friends around on occasion and I like them for organizing my clothes and stuff that needs to be easily accessible.

I opted not to get the bed extension because I was going for the Engel and it is pretty much is in there on a permanent basis.

Besides, I have that crazy tent that is always up there now.

I love the way your rig looks with the dark paint and black rims. Very nice.

And a question for you: How do you like the new J's in the front?

Jeb :smiley_drive:

Skillet

Adventurer
Sgt Grunt said:
A few of the Pig...

Darryl / Vasi,

Nice stance on that beast and the trailer setup is very cool.

That campground looks a lot like a local norcal one where I go ab diving.

:beer:

KMR

Adventurer
All you 80 series guys are hogging the spotlight, lets get some other models up here!

Heres a few of my 60, and a shot of a bunch of different Toyotas (only one of them is mine :( ) I figured this thread needed a bit more diversity.

Skillet

Adventurer
KMR said:
All you 80 series guys are hogging the spotlight, lets get some other models up here!

Heres a few of my 60, and a shot of a bunch of different Toyotas (only one of them is mine :( ) I figured this thread needed a bit more diversity.

Oh yea!?!

Well...

Here is me and my '40. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad