LC pics from ExPo members

shahram

Adventurer
Skillet said:
Hey, that rut looks familiar. Where is that if you don't mind me asking?

And don't tell me it is near the Freak Kingdom.

It's at the fork of Iron Cyn. and EP11, about 2 miles NNE of Garlock. And yes, it is very near the Freak Kingdom!

KMR

Adventurer
upcruiser said:
How long exactly did it take you to do that body off frame resto on yours? Looks like it was a hell of a project.
A long time. I did not have any money so I was piecing it together out of a bunch of rusty junkers. It is nice to know every bolt in your cruiser, but it was NOT worth it. Should have just bought a southern truck, it is all rusting out again from the damn salt.

I love the 40 with the kayak trailer, makes me want to go paddling. Baja I assume? I want to go. All you losers that live out there near the mountains, the national forests the cool desert peninsula that juts out into the pacific, make sure you take advantage of them. I see these pics and get very jealous.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Yeah, ditto that, I'm really wanting to trek down that way someday too. I'm thinking it might be a good excuse for a May trip.

shahram

Adventurer
Jonathan, would you mind giving us some info or pics on this trailer? It looks kind of like the setup I'm looking to build.
LCandkayaks.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Alright i guess i need to get in on this!!! Here's my rig. It's changed since these pics.... it's had a few add-ons. It's now equipped with a CDL switch, OEM hand throttle, snorkel, m12000, drawer system, sliders, dual batteries, fridge, second swing out and c02 tank :D Im done buying stuff for the cruiser for a long long time. (yeah right)

Last edited:

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Regarding the trailer (which was pictured near the Seri Indian village of Punta Chueca, in Sonora, where I based some of my kayak tours): It was partially custom made and partially home built. I had a pro build the frame from box-section steel, four-inch and three-by-four-inch, with an extended box-section tongue that formed sort of a spine and went all the way to the back of the trailer. I put a two-ton axle with Land Cruiser pattern hubs on it. Then my father-in-law helped me weld the superstructure, which could hold nine boats plus a bunch of gear. I used standard Thule saddles on the crosspieces. It was a stout beast and never had any problems with mainland or Baja roads. It's since morphed into a utility trailer (no superstructure and shorter tongue).

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Kristian, where was that first pics of yours taken?? Think I was on that same spot this past september.. Good views:D .

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
KMR said:
3FE bash this summer, Sierra Vista AZ. :D

??? Really, I havn't been keeping up with the 3FE list in a while, I better go over and check it out. I need to show up in the 3FJ40...

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
bh4rnnr said:
Kristian, where was that first pics of yours taken?? Think I was on that same spot this past september.. Good views:D .

The first picture from was the top of Pearl Pass between Aspen and Crested Butte. Awesome views of the Maroon Bells and beats the heck out of the long drive around on the highway to the Butte.

CaliCruiser

Adventurer
Hey Guys whats up, here are shots of my 60 all over california. Intro thread to come. . .

oldemigranttrail059.jpg

Img_1604.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

60 Powa!!

Last edited:

Skillet

Adventurer
CaliCruiser said:
Hey Guys whats up, here are shots of my 60 all over california. Intro thread to come. . .
60 Powa!!

Dylan Bosworth

Dylan, where are you?

Nice rig and nice pics. My brother is building his 60 here in Santa Cruz and I am sure he will love your beast.

Welcome aboard.

Jeb

CaliCruiser

Adventurer
Hey thanks.

I live east of stockton on highway 88. I spend most of my time in Folsom going to college though. Where is Freedom, up by Auburn somewhere?

Last edited:

Skillet

Adventurer
CaliCruiser said:
Hey thanks.

I live in Pine Grove, which is an hour east of stockton on highway 88. I spend most of my time in Folsom going to college though. Where is Freedom, up by Auburn somewhere?

South Santa Cruz County. Watsonville / Freedom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad