Leaving Annex Attached to RTT?

OregonLC

Observer
I was able to store mine under the cover and attached (minus where it slides into the shared slot with for the cover). What worked for us was to neatly fold the annex to the sides of the ladder so we didn't increase the height.

That's exactly what I was looking to do. Do you just leave the shared side loose?

OregonLC

Observer
That's really cool thanks for sharing. I'll have to try it on the next trip.

How do you keep your anti-condensation pad from getting caught in the tongue and groove gap? I always end up having to tuck mine up and I feel like I'm going to lose a finger one of these times.

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
This is intriguing. I'll need to try this with my Autana. I'd love to be able to keep the annex and floor attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pierceg

My EZ has velcro added to the rail so I roll them up, and fasten with the velcro. They are then in place for the tent to be put away. Works nice and dont have to worry about on and off.

1Louder

Explorer
CVT Sells a 2nd slide rail that can be mounted on the floor. That way you can leave the cover connected.

IH454SSII

Look on Cascadia's web site under annex rooms/additional channel bottom left. $25.00. Adds a second channel to keep the annex attached while folded and stored

OregonLC

Observer
CVT Sells a 2nd slide rail that can be mounted on the floor. That way you can leave the cover connected.

Look on Cascadia's web site under annex rooms/additional channel bottom left. $25.00. Adds a second channel to keep the annex attached while folded and stored

Yep, you guys are spot on. What's weird is that I had replied to CVT's FB page and they didn't comment about the channel option, lol.

http://www.cascadiatents.com/Additional-Annex-Channel-.htm?m=83&s=550&&id=395

dcg141

Adventurer
Ok I got that rail from CVT and installed my annex and it packs up wo the floor just fine. I rolled up the door and pulled the ladder out the front of the annex and just folded it up like normal. Then I just kind of bundled it up around the ladder and the cover went on fine. Not much more time involved with packing than normal. I'm going to try it with the floor attached but it was getting dark and I left it packed without. If its hard to pack with the floor I think I will leave it off. I'm really happy even if all I have to do now is zip the floor in. I love the annex but I was kinda bummed at what a pia it was to put on. Thx guys!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater