Legendary 1997 Land Rover "Disco"

Explorer
I just watched the "Disco details video" and wanted to thank you for answering my questions. I've just mopped up the pee and returned from picking up a portable toilet for my desk.

I'm glad it will haul so much on the roof and that it's designed to roll over because of that weight, those things are important to me. I've always thought it odd that most vehicles spend all their time rubber side down.

I am now curious if I could put larger tires on it incase I wanted to cut my grass longer? I know my mowing time is likely to exceed the service interval, but I have faith in this particular gem to see the job through. Would tire size matter if I go on one of these expedition thingies?

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase this LSV (lifestyle vehicle), but I haven't found a dog that would look good in it yet.

outinthewoods

Adventurer
Oh man this thread and that video are ridiculously funny! I too have soiled my computer chair the urine of laughter.

especially the bit about 150 pounds of rocks in a pelican case I cant stop laughing!!

Expowives

Banned
Marcy decided to upgrade a few things recently to make this vehicle more attractive to the expedition crowd. First, she sourced an extremely rare Magellan Trailblazer XL GPS navigation system. Serious buyers will appreciate the period authenticity of this unit when fitted to the disco.

Next, a prototype Snowpeak ice pick made of titanium with bamboo handle was added to the driver side door. The mounting system was developed by the experts on discoweb and consists of 2 velcro straps fastened to holes drilled into the door trim with an extra hole provided for an optional zip tie for extra security. Wether you are in dire need of a sundowner or just need to rapidly deflate your tires, this critical piece of kit will be at your side.

To finish off this pinnacle vehicle's expedition pedigree, Marcy's husband just finished installing the much sought after plumber's snorkel. To insure reliability and the ability to field repair the unit, it was constructed of common 3" ABS.

My husband has offered to throw in one of his custom portable fire rings as described in the video for the next owner of this disco.

Finally, the price has been adjusted accordingly. Own this legendary expedition vehicle for only $9900.

bluesun

What a fantastic find. I generally like higher mileage Discos that cost more money, but this one might work. I do have some questions.....

Have the seat switches been disabled? I would like to make sure the seats don't move forward or backward every time we switch drivers. I would like it if the driver's seat is locked too close to the pedals for me, as being very uncomfortable keeps me awake during long expeditions to Costco. Even better if the windows won't go up or down, as the frustration helps fuel my situational awareness.

Also, I would prefer that the clock light be disabled, as it is very distracting to have that extra light in the corner of my peripheral demanding my attention and keeping me from focusing on how uncomfortable I am with my ankle twisted sideways on the gas pedal since the seat won't go back.

Last, do you have the really cool green sunshiney BP Disaster Site expedition sponsor stickers and the accessory oil containment booms to collect the fluids leaking out of the engine while I camp in my favorite national park?

Thanks. Hope we can work something out. If not, I am sure I can find a nice Lada Nivia that will do the same.

Expowives

Banned
Our appologies for the late response...
Bluesun, you will be please to know that the seats are locked in their fully upright and close to the dash position. If you have not had the pleasure of driving a land rover disovery, I can assure you that the driving position will keep you awake. This disco is also equiped with the driver awareness headliner, which requires the driver to periodically push the headliner back up in position to obtain a clear view thru the rear glass. The windows are still operable, as I mentioned, this is the legendary expo version and not some common disco :)

Marcie agreed with you assesment of the lights and has already disabled the ABS sensor, clock, and a number of instrument lights that kept going off.

Tacovendor

Explorer
Does this have the factory charcoal BBQ under the rear seats, oh and the solar shower in the headliner (hence the sag)? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner