Let’s see some POWER WAGONS!

STREGA

Explorer
added a Roam awning. Not the greatest quality but also under $300View attachment 671027View attachment 671028
Really liking your PW/GFC set up. Been thinking a lot about which direction I want to take my PW in and all have pluses and minuses to them. The weight of the GFC is not bad imho. Cost is up there but so is everything else these days, by the time you get a quality bed cap and rtt your close to same cost. Seems much easier and a cleaner look going with the GFC. The build time for me is not a issue either for now. How much of a MPG hit have you seen?

bikelanta

Adventurer
Really liking your PW/GFC set up. Been thinking a lot about which direction I want to take my PW in and all have pluses and minuses to them. The weight of the GFC is not bad imho. Cost is up there but so is everything else these days, by the time you get a quality bed cap and rtt your close to same cost. Seems much easier and a cleaner look going with the GFC. The build time for me is not a issue either for now. How much of a MPG hit have you seen?
You can also stand up in a GFC, Super Pacific, etc. whereas you cannot with the cap and RTT combo.

jadmt

ignore button user
Believe it or not no hit on mpg.

jadmt

ignore button user
Sweet. Did you consider the ARB awning of similar style when buying this one? Was curious if there was anything specific that swayed your decision, if you did check it out.
arb was/are back ordered and northridge4x4 had this in stock and price was right.

dna

Started my simplistic, minimalist, and mild build on my Power Wagon. The Frontrunner rack has been great so far. The lower height keeps the tent below the roofline but it's high enough to still make use of the bed space. So far:
  • Bulletproof mounts rail w/ 67 Designs arms for my phone mount and Garmin Inreach Mini
  • AEV Salta HD's in Onyx
  • 37x12.50 General Grabber X3
  • Frontrunner Rambox bed rack
  • Freespirit Recreation 55" Adventure Series RTT
  • Factor55 Hitchlink w/ a Warn Epic shackle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.34.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.34.56 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 4.01.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 4.01.56 PM.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 141

jadmt

ignore button user
Started my simplistic, minimalist, and mild build on my Power Wagon. The Frontrunner rack has been great so far. The lower height keeps the tent below the roofline but it's high enough to still make use of the bed space. So far:
  • Bulletproof mounts rail w/ 67 Designs arms for my phone mount and Garmin Inreach Mini
  • AEV Salta HD's in Onyx
  • 37x12.50 General Grabber X3
  • Frontrunner Rambox bed rack
  • Freespirit Recreation 55" Adventure Series RTT
  • Factor55 Hitchlink w/ a Warn Epic shackle
looks good

Mako1114

Adventurer
Just picked up a 2021 Power Wagon and it dwarfs my Titan!!

0OQJhaw.jpg

Yhz0JN8.jpg

UpoIxbW.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

dna

looks good

Thanks! If I could do it all over again I would do without the Rambox's. There's a pretty big lack of options for bed racks. I wanted to do a camper shell but that's not really an option, but this truck came at the right price so I'll work with what I've got!

jadmt

ignore button user
Thanks! If I could do it all over again I would do without the Rambox's. There's a pretty big lack of options for bed racks. I wanted to do a camper shell but that's not really an option, but this truck came at the right price so I'll work with what I've got!
yes Ram boxes would no work for me. I now people like them for storage and what not but not many options for camper shells. I know I love my GFC.

dna

yes Ram boxes would no work for me. I now people like them for storage and what not but not many options for camper shells. I know I love my GFC.

Exactly. They're great to store things, but the truck bed essentially needs to remain open (and open to the elements). I'd much rather have a GFC or a camper shell.

BigBrokenZJ

I picked up a 2018 about a month ago. Within 12 hours I had my saltas with 35’s, bed rack, and Bedslide from my old truck on, and loaded to get away for a weekend

future plans are an RSI cap, 37’s, and a little more armor.

Attachments

• 59C62790-6394-4F63-84C6-B421D15EE08C.jpeg
    59C62790-6394-4F63-84C6-B421D15EE08C.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 90
  • F52F607A-16C4-43B7-A734-785B5327E0C0.jpeg
    F52F607A-16C4-43B7-A734-785B5327E0C0.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 88
  • 3CFA8017-DF80-40DA-BBA9-8E5DDF56F357.jpeg
    3CFA8017-DF80-40DA-BBA9-8E5DDF56F357.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84

dna

Quick trip out to New Mexico this weekend to give the new additions to the Power Wagon a little shakedown. Camped near Johnson Mesa and a few other spots in Carson National Forest.

Attachments

• NM_ERT.png
    NM_ERT.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 80

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77