Adventurer
Added the Trailgater and getting ready for the stage 1 AT install

5c5eb2a0559d5e77a8e7d543692a9178.jpg
5db5cae3a050a58c63787a04c100e3f1.jpg
339fe309f59a158e68ecb38fd53391ab.jpg
9da1a4f78b91736715aa75e6dd4d806f.jpg

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

Will be a beautiful set up when finished :D

Since I have a TJ I have no choice but to be a minimalist. But so far its working out and i'm able to carry everything I need with a little room left over.
View attachment 270186

View attachment 270189

View attachment 270188
ar

I have this same rack in the back of my TJ. I was able to move it back toward the rear on the roll bar mounts a few inches and gain some room that enables the passenger seats to recline a little more. I drilled 4 new holes in the supports and the rack itself butts up to the rear roll bar upright tubes. The modification did not interfere with anything either.

mmmm gas

ar

I have this same rack in the back of my TJ. I was able to move it back toward the rear on the roll bar mounts a few inches and gain some room that enables the passenger seats to recline a little more. I drilled 4 new holes in the supports and the rack itself butts up to the rear roll bar upright tubes. The modification did not interfere with anything either.

Thank you for mentioning this,I am definitely going to looking into doing this as being there is nothing wrong with a couple extra inches of reclining room.

calledtocreation

Adventurer
Working on a custom set up for my 2012 Jeep JkUR. As of now I have stripped the rear cargo of all cargo and plastic including the stock subwoofer. I have a 37.75"w x 29"d x .709" sheet of red oak plywood as a base which is currently being Rhino Lined. It will be mounted with replacement hardware and fender washers at each factory cargo tie down point. The left side will house an ARB fridge slider for my 50qt. The remaining right 23"w x 29" deep space will be occupied in near fashion to this photo:

image.jpg

Above that will be a shelf made of the same oak and Rhino lined measuring 22"d x 42"w mounted to the Synergy JK Interior Rack Hardware. Thoughts?

Maxcustody

Explorer
This is what I did with 3/4 red oak until I decided to buy the AT stuff and sell the slide to you.....:sombrero: Used it 1x, worked well.

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

calledtocreation

Adventurer
Phase 1 complete. Rhino lined base installed. ARB fridge slider installed (using Maxcustody's suggestion of t-nuts). Current cargo boxes are a tight fit but they work. Shelf will look great once it's mounted. Current status photo below :)

image.jpg

mmmm gas

Nice setup! Who makes that tailgate?

Thank you! the tailgate the "Rokmen aluminum tailgate". I was really impressed with the fit and all the stainless steel hardware. I especially like that it locks from the outside and the inside so if you have to leave the vehicle to do a hike or something that you are not in the area for a time you can have a secure place to put valuables thats has more security than a zipper or a plastic latch.Not to mention thats since it is aluminum it very resistant to Pennsylvania's road salting shenanigans in the winter time.

crusty1007

Hey Mike, that's a great looking set up. I Googled Baja Designs and couldn't find that upper shelf. From the website it looks like all they sell is lighting. Would you mind posting a link?

Thanks a lot,
HP
That's a Synergy Baja Basket.
I've been running one in a couple TJs, they work great with 2 people and gear. Makes the ice chest accessible and stow the rest of the gear above or below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal