Lets see some full size pictures...

mastersryan

Adventurer
Not much to look at and not "outfitted" to the max for expeditions but it serves me well for my camping trips and get's 21mpg with plenty of storage room. I will be living in this thing (and a tent) for a month and a half this summer while exploring grand canyon/moab/SLC/Yellowtone/Rocky Mtn NP and everything in between.

F150 in the Glades by rc.masters, on Flickr

Raul B

Explorer
Not much to look at and not "outfitted" to the max for expeditions but it serves me well for my camping trips and get's 21mpg with plenty of storage room. I will be living in this thing (and a tent) for a month and a half this summer while exploring grand canyon/moab/SLC/Yellowtone/Rocky Mtn NP and everything in between.

F150 in the Glades by rc.masters, on Flickr

looks good... glad to see another F150 on here.... are your MPG hand calculated? best i can do mixed city/hwy is 17.5mpg hand calculated...

mastersryan

Adventurer
Not hand calculated just the calculation on the truck, but my truck is stock and Florida is very, very flat. But that 21mpg's I am talking about is strickly HWY, combined I'm at about 16.4mpg's due to city traffic.

TXJFrosty

Here's my 2014 Ford F250 xlt - planning to lift 4" this spring and add some 35"s

Here's what I sold to get the F250 (2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 4" TerraFlex lift, 35"s and plenty of other mods).

Attachments

• IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 79

hankford

Here's a few Campers I've owned over the years.

1997 F-250
1997 Lance camper with wood stove
P3140003.jpg

P3230168.jpg

1985 alaskan camper
IMG_0985.jpg

198? Four Wheel Grandby
IMG_3437.jpg

MT6bt

Rock hound
I ordered it from a company in Idaho. Cant recall the name, but it was intended for a wall tent.

Nice setup! I love the woodstove. Very clever. Can you decide which one you liked the most? How was the Alaskan in cold/hot weather?

tip

Adventurer
Just came home with this old girl. 1985 GMC K3500 with 170k miles. Sorry for the crappy pics, its raining cats and dogs here but I couldn't wait to take pics. Its really straight and the paint will buff out.

I've been looking for a factory 1 ton SRW square body for a long time, and finally found one and jumped on it. It ended up being less than 20 minutes from my house. Needs quite a bit of work, nothing major... but I'll be keeping this one for a long time. Stoked!

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

hankford

At the time I had very different needs for each camper. With the Lance I was living year round in it and I needed the space. With the Alaskan I was doing tons of winter skiing and enjoyed the gas mileage improvements. The four wheel camper was just a cheap buy that I really didn't like. To answer your question I loved the Alaskan camper. I liked how unique it was from everything else and enjoyed the layout, and it looked really good on my truck.

IMG_0875.jpg

Nice setup! I love the woodstove. Very clever. Can you decide which one you liked the most? How was the Alaskan in cold/hot weather?

arveetek

Adventurer
Just came home with this old girl. 1985 GMC K3500 with 170k miles. Sorry for the crappy pics, its raining cats and dogs here but I couldn't wait to take pics. Its really straight and the paint will buff out.

I've been looking for a factory 1 ton SRW square body for a long time, and finally found one and jumped on it. It ended up being less than 20 minutes from my house. Needs quite a bit of work, nothing major... but I'll be keeping this one for a long time. Stoked!

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

Nice find!! I love the old body style GM's. Makes me really miss my '81 Chevy C20, even though it was just 2 wheel drive.

Casey

98dango

Expedition Leader

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

that is an amazingly stock 80 1 ton for Washington. I grew up there mu dad and sisters still live there and to find one with a small lift and no 40s is rare.

Here's my 98 Burb 1500. Pretty stock at this point, 165,000 on it. It has the full tow pacakage, 373s, etc. I camp in it, it carries my kayak and canoe, and tows my Jeep and other stuff around. :D Works great for sleeping in the back on Jeep trips and kayak trips.
Pete

Attachments

• burb beach1.jpg
    burb beach1.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 99
  • burb yak.jpg
    burb yak.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 96
  • burb maine1.jpg
    burb maine1.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 97

Forum statistics