Lets see some full size pictures...

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Here is what I am starting with. Have lots of plans for it, but can't do too much at the moment with a wedding here soon.

Mr, before the wedding is the ONLY time to do it, because after its all "we and our and us" and almost none of it including manly-man toys.

And do you know the worlds most effective form of birth control? Yeah, wedding cake.

five0merc

Mr, before the wedding is the ONLY time to do it, because after its all "we and our and us" and almost none of it including manly-man toys.

And do you know the worlds most effective form of birth control? Yeah, wedding cake.

Haha yea well luckily I found a woman that is fine with me spending money on the truck. Buying her a new car after the wedding for her commute to work, plus she likes the plans I have for it and is into the outdoors and camping and taking weekend trips to the mountains or wherever. I got my lightning built before the wedding so I am glad I have at least one of them done. haha

Cove

Observer
After many Jeeps, a couple Discos & 2 Land Cruisers I crossed another one off the vehicle bucket list with an Excursion. I always thought they were a great platform for an expo rig. It's big for sure! Since taking ownership I've been able to successfully navigate it on some tight trails & logging roads during the PA hunting season with little more than some tree branch racing stripes. It also made the trip from PA to Gunnison National Forest & back clocking about 3800 miles. It worked great.
It's an 04 gasser and so far I've replaced the front springs & added the bumper & winch, 285/75-16 KO2's on F250 steelies, MM hubs, roof rack, running board removal and a tool box full of essentials in the back w/ 3rd row seat removed. Complete baseline with all new fluids. Hope to work on some more interior upgrades over the winter.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG

notajeep

Observer
12096517_1061399940546289_8717994909661606348_n.jpg

mkitchen

Explorer
After many Jeeps, a couple Discos & 2 Land Cruisers I crossed another one off the vehicle bucket list with an Excursion. I always thought they were a great platform for an expo rig. It's big for sure! Since taking ownership I've been able to successfully navigate it on some tight trails & logging roads during the PA hunting season with little more than some tree branch racing stripes. It also made the trip from PA to Gunnison National Forest & back clocking about 3800 miles. It worked great.
It's an 04 gasser and so far I've replaced the front springs & added the bumper & winch, 285/75-16 KO2's on F250 steelies, MM hubs, roof rack, running board removal and a tool box full of essentials in the back w/ 3rd row seat removed. Complete baseline with all new fluids. Hope to work on some more interior upgrades over the winter.

View attachment 324132
View attachment 324133

Nice looking Excursion. My son is thinking of jumping from his FZJ80 to his Excursion. The idea of having that much room is very appealing.
Mikey

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Nice looking Excursion. My son is thinking of jumping from his FZJ80 to his Excursion. The idea of having that much room is very appealing.
Mikey

I saw a video of a excursion with a penthouse pop top. The audio was crappy because of wind. But looked sweet.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Cove

Observer
Mikey

That's exactly what I did. This Excursion was in my wife's family so I knew the history. It was well taken care of and nothing more than a grandkids hauler before I bought it. I haven't missed the lockers of the 80 (yet) but the added cargo room is a big plus. I've been impressed with it's off road worthiness as well. Really works well for my purpose.

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Actually had a stock bumper back on in this pic while I used mine as a template to build another.. I thought it was a cool shot though.

12313827_10207766148808972_2234596917041097829_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater