Lets see some full size pictures...

Rosco862003

Adventurer
IMG_3922.jpg
Snow Day here in Charlotte, NC because once school is canceled, work is canceled, which works well for playtime! Found out quickly that tires are my kryptonite. Other than that I was genuinely impressed with the big Burb and the G80 locker that everyone and their mom seems to hate.

nmatcek

Adventurer
View attachment 326934
Snow Day here in Charlotte, NC because once school is canceled, work is canceled, which works well for playtime! Found out quickly that tires are my kryptonite. Other than that I was genuinely impressed with the big Burb and the G80 locker that everyone and their mom seems to hate.
I had a G80 in my Colorado and really liked it. It made that little truck fairly capable.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

noJeepshere

Adventurer
The G80 in the 10 bolt that was in my Yukon was worn out and no longer worked, but the one that's in the 14 bolt that's under there now acts like a Detroit but not as aggressive. The problem with the G80 in smaller axles (10- and the old 12-bolt) is that if you use it a lot or are aggressive with it, it tends to make the case explode. The 14 bolt G80 will explode as well, but it's much more difficult.

sent from a slablet

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
The G80 in the 10 bolt that was in my Yukon was worn out and no longer worked, but the one that's in the 14 bolt that's under there now acts like a Detroit but not as aggressive. The problem with the G80 in smaller axles (10- and the old 12-bolt) is that if you use it a lot or are aggressive with it, it tends to make the case explode. The 14 bolt G80 will explode as well, but it's much more difficult.

sent from a slablet

yup, theres a reason they are called Gov-bombs

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Looks awesome. Im on the hunt for a camper currently, will be nice to get away for a weekend or an overnight without having to haul a travel trailer around. Plus theres a lot of tighter places I like to squeeze into.

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Looks awesome. Im on the hunt for a camper currently, will be nice to get away for a weekend or an overnight without having to haul a travel trailer around. Plus theres a lot of tighter places I like to squeeze into.

For the money and depending on what you're doing, I'd recommend Four Wheel Camper. They're really well thought out and seem well built. There sure are a lot of them out there, most of them getting beat up on Baja tracks and forest roads. Most don't really extend beyond the dimensions of the truck and they're pretty light. Ours is pretty loaded with options since we plan to live out of it, but even kitted out it weighed 1400lbs off the factory floor.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Put 38s on the superduty tonight

f5eae428ea0a50ae4b2f327c49df39cc.jpg

98dango

Expedition Leader
I actually want 42s but I had the 38s and woke up to a flat so it was the most logical choice. Also keep in mind the old girl is a 5.4 gas truck with over 300k on the original motor and trans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater