Lets see some full size pictures...

housedad

Observer
Well, here's my vehicle. I'm just getting into the self recovery game, so it is a work in progress for a couple of months.

2005 Excursion V-10 4X4. The kids gave it the name "Zombie Crusher" after I put on the bumpers.

I got all the purchases together in early December and started modding it in January. With the cold, things have been slow, but I expect it to pick up next month. Just have some parking lot shots for now.

sizeimage.php
sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php
sizeimage.php

The rear is currently at a 5" lift with custom modified F350 springs. The front has 5200lb V code springs and I have a 2.5" lift kit to install on the front to make the total 5".

As of right now, it has 285/75-16 (33's) Goodyear Silent Armor tires put on in December, front and rear Buckstop Classic bumpers With PIAA ATP and SMR lights, 16.5Ti winch, Dual battery system, and Onboard air. I may go to 315/75-16 (35"s) tires next year.

I have everything ready to install ARB Air lockers with small air pump, regear to 4.56, upgrade the OBA to twin Viar 450c's' with a 5 gallon tank, 200 amp alternator, Solid front axle cover, 2008 Superduty aluminum rear axle cover, Braided brake and ESOF lines, and a Factory Tech transmission valve body for better shifting. All work will be done by me.

Full recovery kit has been procured including H-lift, Hi-lift off road kit, spares, lift mate, T-lift bar, D grip shovel, axe, folding bowsaw, Chains, Ext rope, etc, etc, etc. Just WAY too much stuff to list here.

Future projects for the summer:
Gas can hauler for the rear doors. Swing away type.
Custom roof rack.
possibly a off road trailer.

Heimz

Observer
Here's an update of my truck. Mine is the red one, but I built both of these bumpers/light bars myself. Not too shabby for never having used a tube-bender before, eh? I cant find a pic, but I also removed the rear bumper and hitch and cut the quarter panels at an angle to yeild a TON of departure angle. Really takes the trucks aggressive look to a new level. If you've seen pics of Don Thuren's truck, it is near identical to his.

Blah058.jpg

bucketosudz

Explorer
Well, here's my vehicle. I'm just getting into the self recovery game, so it is a work in progress for a couple of months.

2005 Excursion V-10 4X4. The kids gave it the name "Zombie Crusher" after I put on the bumpers.

I got all the purchases together in early December and started modding it in January. With the cold, things have been slow, but I expect it to pick up next month. Just have some parking lot shots for now.

sizeimage.php
sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php
sizeimage.php

The rear is currently at a 5" lift with custom modified F350 springs. The front has 5200lb V code springs and I have a 2.5" lift kit to install on the front to make the total 5".

As of right now, it has 285/75-16 (33's) Goodyear Silent Armor tires put on in December, front and rear Buckstop Classic bumpers With PIAA ATP and SMR lights, 16.5Ti winch, Dual battery system, and Onboard air. I may go to 315/75-16 (35"s) tires next year.

I have everything ready to install ARB Air lockers with small air pump, regear to 4.56, upgrade the OBA to twin Viar 450c's' with a 5 gallon tank, 200 amp alternator, Solid front axle cover, 2008 Superduty aluminum rear axle cover, Braided brake and ESOF lines, and a Factory Tech transmission valve body for better shifting. All work will be done by me.

Full recovery kit has been procured including H-lift, Hi-lift off road kit, spares, lift mate, T-lift bar, D grip shovel, axe, folding bowsaw, Chains, Ext rope, etc, etc, etc. Just WAY too much stuff to list here.

Custom roof rack.

Very Nice Ride!!! Welcome. :victory:

deminimis

Explorer
Well, doesn't get much more full sized than this. My roll up shop door is 10'. Can't even pull it in on the other side that is at 12'. Yup, its bigger than originally envisioned:

4379169079_42d50be2a4.jpg

housedad

Observer
Well, doesn't get much more full sized than this. My roll up shop door is 10'. Can't even pull it in on the other side that is at 12'. Yup, its bigger than originally envisioned:

4379169079_42d50be2a4.jpg

Yep, definately on the large side. I always admired slide ins. Ultimate versatility. That one looks big!

longjohn

Observer

sizeimage.php
sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php
sizeimage.php

Custom roof rack.

Welcome ,
your truck is awesome , the bumpers are great , they fit perfectly ....look great,..it still looks like a family ride, that says i can crunch zommbies on/or off road:Wow1:nice looking ride what are the tabs on the rear bumper for ?

nobodyspecial

Observer
The tabs would be for attaching shackles, same as the tabs on the front.

Very nice looking Excursion. I still kick myself for passing on the perfect one about a year ago.

housedad

Observer
Thanks for the compliments.

Yes, the tabs are shackle points. They don't come standard with the bumper. They are a special order option at time of purchase. Buckstop makes each bumper when ordered.

I wanted to make sure they were there in the front for the winch, and on the rear for using the Hi-lift as a winch.

JamesDowning

Explorer
I like the rear bumper too housedad. Who made it?

Here's just a couple from one of the recent east coast snows.

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Other than a few small maintenance items, the TrailBlazer is performing quite well and keeping up.

Last edited:

buddha

Adventurer
Here's the current state of mine. Added a leveling kit, 35"s on 17"s and a little geek bling (saleen grill + king-geek rear badge):

4287379858_1475c1db59_b.jpg

+ my kids' Christmas present. :sombrero:

GEEK --->

4286604985_c78e0ae545_b.jpg

huntsonora

Explorer
I like the rear bumper too housedad. Who made it?

Here's just a couple from one of the recent east coast snows.

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Other than a few small maintenance items, the TrailBlazer is performing quite well and keeping up.

What kind of mileage are you getting with your trailblazer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater