Lets see some full size pictures...

surfobx2009

GMC Sierra

This is my GMC Sierra:
It has custom sliders, skidplates, some recovery gear and a cap with folding platform bed.

Attachments

• n7805390_38557617_3944.jpg
    n7805390_38557617_3944.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 764
  • n11818964_35298943_3042.jpg
    n11818964_35298943_3042.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_3808.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    879.6 KB · Views: 899

James86004

Expedition Leader
I finally got a picture of our Silverado in action. It doesn't look as extreme in the photo as it did in person:

DSCN0716.JPG

It looks like the bed has displaced a little w/r/t the cab. The only things not stock are the airdam is removed, and the tires are now BFG ATs.

eugene

Explorer
surfobx2009 said:
This is my GMC Sierra:
It has custom sliders, skidplates, some recovery gear and a cap with folding platform bed.

What kind of racks are the bikes held in by, did you buy an off the shelf rack or make one?

surfobx2009

eugene said:
What kind of racks are the bikes held in by, did you buy an off the shelf rack or make one?
I made it by just bolting some generic fork mounts from Performance Bikes to a 2x8". It works well and the mounts are only like $10 a piece.

eugene

Explorer
I was thinking of making my own, get some U channel so I can mount it on a hitch carrier or in the bed or on the roof.

surfobx2009

eugene said:
I was thinking of making my own, get some U channel so I can mount it on a hitch carrier or in the bed or on the roof.

If your going to put it in the bed I would make your own. I just attach the bike to the fork mount and go, if I am going to be really bouncing around I bungee the back wheel to keep it from chattering around.

If your thinking of putting it in the trailer hitch I would suggest just looking on Craigslist because you can normally find some used racks for pretty cheap.

I thought about mounting some bike racks on the roof, but it is pretty awkward putting bikes on the roof of a car, much less a truck.

That was my thought process when deciding what to do with bikes, hope it gives you some ideas.

eugene

Explorer
There are times though when I want to carry stuff in the truck bed for longer trips. Thats why I want to make rails that can go in any one of three locations. The old hardware store near me used to have this angle, U/C channel and square tubing that had predrilled holes evenly spaced through it, I can't remember the name for it, but I'm thinking a couple of those I could make a fork mount and some straps for the rear wheel then they would be easy to mount to anything else.

AnchorMTN

Heres my full size. 1995 Tahoe with a solid axle swap. Future plans include PSC hydro assist steering, a rear bumper, roof rack, and a few other doo-dads.

100_6198.jpg

Pic is a little old now. Ive cleaned the axle swap up a lot.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Nice to see another Tahoe here! Great looking ride, welcome aboard. I love the SAS, how badly did that set you back $$ if you don't mind me asking?

AnchorMTN

02TahoeMD said:
Nice to see another Tahoe here! Great looking ride, welcome aboard. I love the SAS, how badly did that set you back $$ if you don't mind me asking?

It wasnt too bad. I have less than 3 grand in everything. High Pinion Dana 44 front with full high steering, dana 70 rear 4.56 gears, Custom Alcan Spings, H2 wheels and tires, TJM Bumper and Tabor 9k winch, Custom rock sliders.

mstrkage

99 GMC Sierra 1500. Basic two inch leveling with add a leafs in the rear skyjacker nitro shocks and Dynapro 305/70/16. K&N cold air, dual exhaust and hypertech programmer. This truck has taken us all over Alaska north and south all the way to Kodiak Island. It's been down the ALCAN 5000 miles in 6 days. Storage is extremely limited, I have room under the back seat for an axe, shovel, first aid kit, recovery gear, and a basic tool kit.
Future plans include bullet proof steering and possibly a camper shell for the rear.http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/mstrkage/funnyfun021-1.jpg

Attachments

• funnyfun021.jpg
    funnyfun021.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 287

TxRider

Observer
My full size rig.. Being built right now. Pics are from when I bought it 18 months ago.

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

It's a 1953 M37 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 military truck.

Stock with a flathead 6 engine, all gear NP200 transfer case with a 2:1 low range, 5:83 gears in the original 9-5/8 axles.

Braden 10,000lb PTO winch up front.

So far It's been stripped to the frame blasted and painted. I changed gears to 4.89:1 in both axles, rebuilt axles/diffs etc. and installed ARB lockers front and rear.

Upgraded to 3/4 ton 4 wheel disk brakes and a modern master cylinder, all new lines.

New reproduction factory wiring harness going in.

I just received my 4bt Cummins deisel today, and am waiting for my spicer transmission from a duece and half 2-1/2 ton 6x6 army truck. I'll be putting a .69 overdrive 5th gear set in it.

It will start with a canvas top, and the army supply canvas rear cover... and I'll go from there. Should have it back up and running for a road trip before summer.

Rebuild posts are all here...

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20352

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater