Lets see some full size pictures...

srsrogerissrs

Just a couple of Raptors in the Swell

S9jK7Fu.jpeg

3IYrBRU.jpeg

VTodW3A.jpeg

Clrussell

Rim of the Grand Canyon ❤️💪💪
Trip started Wednesday 9 am at juniper hills ca, we drove towards ST George Utah,
365 miles,
We had a chance to stop and cool off at the virgin river passing through Utah, Arizona and Nevada corners,
( gotta love demoCRAP free St. George and Hurricane Arizona, what a beautiful clean place. )
later in the evening the rest of the group arrived, we camped 20 miles south east of Utah right on Arizona border.
The next morning we continued on off road trails to see Dinosaur tracks and 10.000 year old petroglyphs,
Along the way lots of epic pieces, and mines.

Day two we continued towards Grand Canyon National park, epic drive, 4x4 needed, low range and high ground clearance, it was business as usual for the humvee,
at the rim of the canyon there is a spot for 5 vehicles,
unbelievable to see what Colorado river did in its 1.1 billion years of flow,
Grand Canyon is one of the oldest unchanged geological places on Earth, over 1.1 billion years of flow,

Top the rim is all covered in sea shells, age dating points to 250 million years old oceanic creatures, ( 300 miles away from the ocean at 6100 ft elevation )

The night we ended up camping at forest 15 miles from the canyon.

The 3rd day we continued towards another spot at the rim of the Grand Canyon, that is another epic drive by itself, 77 miles off road from one side to the other side,
We ended up at the most spectacular point of the canyon edge, 4000 fr drop off was 10 ft away from where I had my humvee parked, ( look at the picture, sunrise at the rim )
Beautiful camping allowed BLM spot,
In a 4 day off road drive and 410 miles of only off road we saw few Side by sides no other SUV or Truck, no service at all for 3 full days.

The last day we ended up by lake mead and camped right by the shore.

Total distance was 1180 miles.
View attachment 835191View attachment 835192View attachment 835193View attachment 835194View attachment 835196View attachment 835197View attachment 835198View attachment 835199View attachment 835200View attachment 835201
Wow. What a trip.

How did you manage fuel on this trip? Or what is the range of the H1?

HUMMER/Expeditions

I’m
Wow. What a trip.

How did you manage fuel on this trip? Or what is the range of the H1?
@ 25 PSI tire pressure and fully loaded, off road conditions
I get about 11 MPG
my truck has 24 gallon fuel tank, I put another 16 gallons of spare fuel I had with me,
we drove 410 miles off road, at the end of the trail I had about 3 gallons left in the tank.

11 Mpg is the number I am getting.

Jeep rubicon diesel was getting 20 mpg
The Land Rover discovery diesel at 20 also
And the Toyota was drinking that fuel at 13 ish MPG

Clrussell

I’m

@ 25 PSI tire pressure and fully loaded, off road conditions
I get about 11 MPG
my truck has 24 gallon fuel tank, I put another 16 gallons of spare fuel I had with me,
we drove 410 miles off road, at the end of the trail I had about 3 gallons left in the tank.

11 Mpg is the number I am getting.

Jeep rubicon diesel was getting 20 mpg
The Land Rover discovery diesel at 20 also
And the Toyota was drinking that fuel at 13 ish MPG

That’s cutting it close on fuel. But just right.

Awesome trip. I’d love to follow that route some day.

HUMMER/Expeditions

That’s cutting it close on fuel. But just right.

Awesome trip. I’d love to follow that route some day.
Epic is understatement, super remote super wild location,
The route we planned and took had everything including, moderate to complex off road,
Easy dirt roads
Forests
Rivers
All primitive camp sites
Definitely recommend going with a few vehicles,
No cell service, no tow service no gas stations or part stores, you are on your own there.

Clrussell

Epic is understatement, super remote super wild location,
The route we planned and took had everything including, moderate to complex off road,
Easy dirt roads
Forests
Rivers
All primitive camp sites
Definitely recommend going with a few vehicles,
No cell service, no tow service no gas stations or part stores, you are on your own there.
Sounds like a dream come true. Thanks for taking us along

1000001019.jpg1000001048.jpg1000001049.jpg
My current build. Just started a build thread!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater