Lets see some "set up" Regular Camper shells

Quasimoto

Observer
Quasimoto, What may I ask are all the switches for? I love lots of switches. Nasa we have a problem!
T7_zps700920d1.jpg
/QUOTE]
On A pillar (Aux fuel gauge light switch), On dash left of steering wheel (Aux fuel switch), above brake controller (Front/Rear Strobe lights control switch's).
Middle dash switch panel from left to right:
Front locker; Rear locker; Siren wail/yelp; Siren horn/manual; Front LED; DS LED; PS LED; Rear LED
DiffUpgradeF2.jpg

cruiser812

Observer
What brand of Lockers do you have in your dodge? That is the one thing i dont like about my mega cab is the fact that it doesnt even have a posi. I drive it in the woods alot as I am a forester and try to minimize putting it in 4wd. A rear locker or posi would be great to keep from just having to engage 4wd for a tire in a soft spot

Quasimoto

Observer
What brand of Lockers do you have in your dodge? That is the one thing i dont like about my mega cab is the fact that it doesnt even have a posi. I drive it in the woods alot as I am a forester and try to minimize putting it in 4wd. A rear locker or posi would be great to keep from just having to engage 4wd for a tire in a soft spot

I got the complete front and Rear Electric Locking Diffs out of a Power Wagon and put them under my Truck.
Here is a link to the Biuld:
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=483

Jammer

Observer
I have not yet started on my build, but here are a few pictures of our first camping trip. We used it as an "evaluation" to see what we would like to do.

Off the bat, I don't think I will build a platform with this particular topper as we would not have enough room to sit up in it then.

Topper (only $200!):
20130703_144112.jpg

Initial camp set up, FREE "SUV" tent, 6" eggcrate foam (from dog beds) for mattress in bed of truck and battery operated fan.
20140316_152913.jpg
20140317_092841.jpg
20140316_153206.jpg

Plans are to insulate, add a Fantastic vent fan, and a better "mattress". If I find a good deal on a taller topper I will build a nice platform to increase the sleeping area and add more functional storage.

Attachments

• 20140316_153206.jpg
    20140316_153206.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 193

super04duty

Observer
here is my current setup
IMG_9990_zpsb6539930.jpg

IMG_9994_zps48225565.jpg

I love this set up. I keep telling myself I don't need any kind of platform in my truck, but this is nice.

(Also, i joined your expedition explorers site. We are very new to SoCal, and only have one trial trip under our belt so far. Looking forward to getting out more.)

Raul B

Explorer
I love this set up. I keep telling myself I don't need any kind of platform in my truck, but this is nice.

(Also, i joined your expedition explorers site. We are very new to SoCal, and only have one trial trip under our belt so far. Looking forward to getting out more.)

the Decked system is by far one of the best things i have done to the truck so far. im a dealer and local :) on a side note were thinking of heading up to johnson valley to visit some of the mines with a different group im a part with on april 12-13th. camp overnight

Raul B

Explorer
Nope its not custom. It's a Ironman canopy. It's attached to my roof rack and folds back into itself in a nice case. I thought I had a picture but I can't find it. I took everything out of the truck and slept on the decked system with a foam mattress. I slept very comfortably. You can click on my build thread for more info

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

super04duty

Observer

Its far from "set up", but this is what we used for our first trip. The truck is a long bed, so a "full" size air mattress fits perfectly between the tool box at the front of the bed, and the tailgate. Not nearly as nice as some set ups on here, but it worked surprisingly well for our needs, so much that we are willing to do another trip before any real changes are made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad