Lets see the Expo Cruisers!

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
package tray

Brit,

didn't notice it until I re-posted the larger pic..

is that some sort of package tray or sliding tray under your kit? Looks like a raised black floor? Cuirous..

thanks
BM6

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Welcome to ExPo BritKLR - I've been watching and inspired by your rig for a few years over on MUD.

Thanks Cabrito!

I've been lurking around Expo for sometime but haven't posted, so I thought I better be part of the solution...not the problem.

BTW, I'm a 2003 KLR owner and love it! If I could figure out how to reduce the pix size easily I would post some up.

Take care.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris

Attachments

• Cargo 1 compressed.JPG
    Cargo 1 compressed.JPG
    490.6 KB · Views: 65
  • cargo 2 compressed.JPG
    cargo 2 compressed.JPG
    532.3 KB · Views: 76
  • cargo 3 compressed.JPG
    cargo 3 compressed.JPG
    535.8 KB · Views: 123

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
1987 FJ60 - 5+ years on the build-up. - Rust free - Silver / Black paint - Original 2F with 230K on the motor - H55 tranny with transfer rebuild - SROR sliders and rear bumper - Functional Snorkel w/all emissions gear plumbed in - Homemade RR - ARB non-winch front bumper (replacing with ARB winch bumper with 8274-50 winch) - ARB lockers front and rear with 4.56 gears and ARB HD compressor - BDS suspension (replacing with OME HD-plus) - Stockton / OEM Steelie 15x8 wheels w/BFG AT - Hella 4000 front/Hella worklight rear....a work in progress and a real time Overland rig...
That is a GORGEOUS truck mate. How does she go down the road with the 4.56's and the 2F??? You sure did an awesome job or building/restoring it eh. I love that it has a manual tranny too eh(Was it a stock Man. or a swap job???). For me all I could see doing to it would be a nice HDJ or HZJ TD swap, but the 2F certainly is a nice solid motor and it's tractor like qualites certainly have their merrits when off-road too.

Cheers

Dave

Edit: I love the cargo floor, I'm a Pelican Case Junkie too so I understand where you're coming from ;) Does the tray slide out at all or is it mounted solid to the floor???

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
That is a GORGEOUS truck mate. How does she go down the road with the 4.56's and the 2F??? You sure did an awesome job or building/restoring it eh. I love that it has a manual tranny too eh(Was it a stock Man. or a swap job???). For me all I could see doing to it would be a nice HDJ or HZJ TD swap, but the 2F certainly is a nice solid motor and it's tractor like qualites certainly have their merrits when off-road too.

Cheers

Dave

Edit: I love the cargo floor, I'm a Pelican Case Junkie too so I understand where you're coming from ;) Does the tray slide out at all or is it mounted solid to the floor???

Thanks Dave -

The gas 2F was the standard motor in the FJ60 in the US so it has a lot of support (IH8MUD). I don't know much about diesels, but I would love to put one in my 60 if I could find one locally, based on driving a few diesel trucks.

The cargo platform simply sets in the rear of the 60 and is held in place by some MAC tiedowns. Once done with the rip I remove the platform and store it in my basement.

I hope this answers your Q.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
A couple more of "Piglet"

Attachments

• DSC_0161.JPG
    DSC_0161.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    797.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    722.9 KB · Views: 55

Moody

Needs to get out more
Going through some photos:
dsc0242l.jpg

coax

Adventurer
Here's a few from my latest trip.

1997 FZJ-80 with 175k. Purchased about a year and a half ago with 170k on the clock, but needing tons of maintenance.
-OME heavies
-ARB with Superwinch Ep9 and 3/8 Amsteel Sk78 with Slee Offroad fairlead.
-Nitto TG 285/75/16
-Broken and repaired space case and harbor freight aluminum roof gas rack.
-And a perpetually empty gas tank.

Chaco.JPG

Snow.JPG

And while the Cruiser was getting its post-purchase repair and maintenance (brakes, radiator, HG, etc), the mazda 3 had adventure duties :-D

Mazda.JPG

Last edited:

rain76king

Adventurer
Here's a few from my latest trip.

1997 FZJ-80 with 175k. Purchased about a year and a half ago with 170k on the clock, but needing tons of maintenance.
-OME heavies
-ARB with Superwinch Ep9 and 3/8 Amsteel Sk78 with Slee Offroad fairlead.
-Nitto TG 285/75/16
-Broken and repaired space case and harbor freight aluminum roof gas rack.
-And a perpetually empty gas tank.

Chaco.JPG

Snow.JPG

And while the Cruiser was getting its post-purchase repair and maintenance (brakes, radiator, HG, etc), the mazda 3 had adventure duties :-D

Mazda.JPG

Clean LX450. Love it!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
One with ice...one without :)

Attachments

• One with ice.jpg
    One with ice.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 109
  • One without ice.jpg
    One without ice.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 144