Lets see the Expo Cruisers!

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Welcome! Love the color of Cadet. Can you tell me more about it? When (if) I ever get my rig painted this looks like what I want. More pics? Your daughter is a lucky girl!

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
This is my HZJ75. Its a 95 model with
1HZ diesel
5sp
dual 90 litre tanks
discs all round
factory steel bull bar
40 channel UHF
Hella 140 lights
dual batteries with battery saver isolator

Tyres depend on my mood,I have 6 split rims with 235x85x16 A/T or 33x10.5x15 BFG A/T soon to be upgraded to Bridgestone 694 A/T and 16x7 rims.

The camper section has
100 amp battery and CTEK 15 amp charger(or can be run off the main batteries up front}
80 litre Waeco fridge
80 litre water tank
gas stove
kitchen sink

Sorry ,no on the trail pics with the camper yet.

alloycamper002mediumvg2.jpg

alloycamper007mediumve4.jpg

alloycamper008mediumyr5.jpg

alloycamper001mediumfe4.jpg

westdalerock005mediumkn3.jpg

79series001mediumjo0.jpg

Last edited:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
That's a nifty set up you got there roscoFJ73. I always had a thing for the stake beds, but in the States the stake beds are generally only found on big commercial trucks.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Rallyroo said:
That's a nifty set up you got there roscoFJ73. I always had a thing for the stake beds, but in the States the stake beds are generally only found on big commercial trucks.

Thanks Rallyroo
Stake beds hey. Ive never heard that term before.
These type of campers are just starting to get popular here which is surprising seing as though nearly all our pick ups,or utes as we call them, are flat tops.
The idea came from camper trailers.
The jacks Im using are good for 800kg each but the whole thing only weighs about 400kg.
As the power and water are all self contained in the camper,I can leave it behind at a camping area and go wheelin.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
U.S. casual nomenclature:

Flat Bed:
flat-bed-1-400x300.jpg

Stake Bed:
black_boss_stakebed.jpg

Not a lot of difference between them. The pictured flat bed has the pockets along the rails for stakes.

Sounds like y'all call both "Tray Back"? That seems like a much better description.

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
The "fleet"

DSCN0414.jpg

My favorite picture of the 100
DSCN0494.jpg

Action shot of the 40

Dscn1807.jpg

Another one of the 40 up in the hills behind my house.

DSCN0545.jpg

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
ntsqd said:
Sounds like y'all call both "Tray Back"? That seems like a much better description.

Yes we call them all tray backs or more commonly "trays".
The stake bed set up is only used on larger trucks like Volvos or Hinos but we would call the sides "cages".

The sides on mine come off in seconds if you dont have split pins in the hinges

Last edited:

ginericLC

Adventurer
sleeoffroad said:
Should have kept this one.

I've said that more than once when I look through pictures. I think I'm actually done for awhile the Project FJ68 for wheeling and the 100 for family exploring. The 200 is way too complex for the home mechanic and I can't afford one with warranty so that takes me out of the cycle of upgrading every few years.

lowenbrau

Explorer
bac0701 said:
:bowdown: wow..... any shots of the inside
If the :bowdown: is for me then thanks, but this truck was very much a product of amazing friends. There were a lot more hands than mine in the build.

The interior is a mess. I pulled the radio and put in a set of computer speakers run off the inverter and connected to the satellite radio.the drawer system has worked out pretty well though.

Attachments

• random_069.sized.jpg
    random_069.sized.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 192
  • random 070s.jpg
    random 070s.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 142
  • random 068s.jpg
    random 068s.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 128

Forum statistics

Threads