Lets see the Expo Cruisers!

cruisertoy

Explorer
We gave Adam the boot from Wasatch. His hair started turning gray and he wasn't fitting in with the younger crowd.:) Most of Wasatch members have come to the light and now run some sort of 80 series cruiser. Most of us old 40 owners either have them stashed in the garage like mine or have sold them off.

Wasatch is running a camp trip out to San Rafael Swell for the first few days of Cruise Moab this year. We try to give people a little change of pace from the standard Moab stuff. Should be a great time. I personaly haven't been to CM for like seven years, but have thought about letting the burrying the hatchet and returning to the event. I used to go every year. :(

Attachments

• old 6-1.jpg
    old 6-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 205
  • P1010329.JPG
    P1010329.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 108

esh

Explorer
I'm surprised you guys don't drag him along everywhere you go as photography monkey. I get the pressure from the club out here and he has a lot better eye than me!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
esh said:
Sure, what do you want to see?

I actually built a page to help the builder sell it. I'd met him in college and while he had a few interesting takes on design, did a pretty good job. The guy that bought it and I are also friends, and when he decided to dump his trucks and parts I bought it with a few others.

The truck, unfortunately, was wheeled pretty heavily and has some dents. The original paint from '97/98 is fading into surface rust so I have to take it all down again and have a better paint job done. The bed is about a 95/100 as is the tailgate. Deciding whether to redo the truck in that same green or go with Toyota Nebula Green.

Original page, with some inaccurate bits due to updates (pic links are broken)-

http://130.94.161.162/fj45lwb.html

Pics are the ones that start with "66lwb...jpg" in my FJ45 repository-

http://130.94.161.162/images/LC/45series/

And a few others here-

http://130.94.161.162/images/LC/ken/
That is one AWESOME truck... Where in Oregon are you mate, I swear I've seen that thing around before Just can't remember where.

Cheers

Dave

Lucy FJ55

Observer
My Land Cruiser Obsession:

1977 FJ55 Lily, Princess Pig- Close to stock, newer 2F engine, Jim C. rebuilt carb, cosmetic resto int/ext, bumpers, rack, long range tank, etc.

1970 FJ55 Lucy, Trail Pig- Crusty F engine, 33"s, 4" Safari/OME lift, Weber, headers, Magnaflow, 4.56 gears, front disc conv, dents, rust, etc.

Attachments

• Fall 2006 2.jpg
    Fall 2006 2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 138

zimm

Expedition Leader
Moody said:
Couple of weeks ago (Thanks Ms. Passey)
3068815637_529c9dc429_b.jpg

looks like that could go airborne in the right conditions.

Moody

Needs to get out more
zimm said:
looks like that could go airborne in the right conditions.
It is strange how photos make it look like it hangs over 3 feet. It is about 6" of overhang on either side. I had to get the large size to accommodate my wife and I as well as our two little ones. I can see myself swapping out the large for a medium in the future to make it more in line with the roof.

Another recent photo, from this last weekend:
IMG_0246.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Lucy FJ55 said:
... a couple more.

hmmmm, can't seem to upload pics right now?

I noticed one of your last two attachments was really, really big. The attachment manager won't take them if they're too big. Maybe downsize them some...?

I know you've been trying to get pics posted for awhile now. And I've been eager to see them.... :lurk:

Lucy FJ55

Observer
kcowyo said:
I noticed one of your last two attachments was really, really big. The attachment manager won't take them if they're too big. Maybe downsize them some...?

I know you've been trying to get pics posted for awhile now. And I've been eager to see them.... :lurk:

Thanks for the advice, I believe you're right. I'll try shrinking them a bit...

gearguywb

Explorer
A couple of pics from today's outing in NC....it ain't Colorado but it will have to do until I can make the move back out west.

Always wondered where this trail went... :)

009-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

buck moberly

88 fj62

I'm planning on fabricating sliders and bumpers soon. I've had the car a little more than a year now. I added the lift, 33's, and locker. The 62 has a little rust but only 130k and did not seem to have been off road before I bought it.

I'm home with a broken leg from a dirt bike crash a few days ago. I may be spending a a lot more time with the 62 and none on a dirt bike, so I'll be looking to this forum for ideas and advice on completing my 62.

P1010943.jpg

gearguywb said:
A couple of pics from today's outing in NC....it ain't Colorado but it will have to do until I can make the move back out west.

Always wondered where this trail went... :)

009-2.jpg
Looks like you could use a snorkel!

geovalue

Adventurer
Land Cruiser Modified for Expedition Travel

IMG_1247.jpg

Our Cruiser has completed over 70,000km of overlanding in Africa and has never let us down. The cruiser also has compressor, dual battery system with split charger, inverter, snorkel with centrifugal filter, winch, bull bar, Old Emu shocks, heavy duty springs, 2 full spare tyres, high lift jack with jacking points, solar panel and side awning, additional fuel gauges and of course our luxury air conditioning. Engine is gasoline, straight 6, 4.7 litres carburator.
Tom and Janet
www.adventurouspirits.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach