liberty pickup

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's an answer to a question no one will ever ask:
"What would a Jeep Liberty pickup look like?"

fake-Liberty-pickup.jpg

This vehicle is a prototype produced by a Chinese auto maker. The
front end is "inspired by" the current Liberty. More details at Jalopnik

http://jalopnik.com/5150379/liberty...-liberty-pickup-is-un+surprisingly-quite-ugly

Chip Haven

T

Totenkopf

They're very creative.

They changed the Jeep design a little...the grill has 8 slots, not 7.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
If it has the CRD engine in it, half the crew will be clamoring for one stateside...

:snorkel:

West Coast Mags

Adventurer
I had a liberty for a company vehicle and drove the snot out of it, and would do so again anytime. Considering you can pick one with 60k miles up for about $6k they aren't a bad buy, the truck version would be cool, doubly cool if said CRD option was available.

VtFly

Slam a 100,000 mile powertrain warantee on it. It almost looks like an older tacoma from the hood back. Like the outer bed tie downs. Reminds me of the old toyota trucks. Put that diesel in in and your selling some cakes.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
The first generation Liberty isn't so bad looking with a little clearance and some tires. For a light duty cargo hauler, it's not a bad idea depending on the use.

Since China surpased the US for consumer demand of autos recently, maybe we will start lusting after vehicles only available in China:elkgrin:

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Since China surpased the US for consumer demand of autos recently, maybe we will start lusting after vehicles only available in China:elkgrin:

I sure hope not! The build quality is terrible. The quality of the parts used is terrible as well.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Actually, the company that makes the truck has had a standing arrangement with Chrysler for years, and they still make updated XJs in China:

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2007/02/26/get-yourself-a-jeep-2500-for-only-100000rmb/comment-page-1/

Oh, and I kind of like it, not horrible anyway.
Interesting, it's an Xj with a WJ front end... I like the KJ-PU alot more than I do that. For some reason I almost kind of like the thing in the OP. Oh and KC's right, if it had a diesel in it I'd be all over it ;)

Cheers

Dave

Zeero

Adventurer
Sheesh, it just looks CHEAP.....China just does not build a good product....the body panels all have a bouot MILE gap between them....

Nice concept, but the build is shoddy as anything....sheesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk