lifted chev awd 1/2 ton van??

grit

hi, new to this site.i have a 2008 awd savanna cargo, I use it for work but also want to build something I can use for hunting in the fall also.i'm considering the boulder offroad 2" lift.has anyone used this lift?? I want to install 265/70-16 tires under it as I believe that's the largest I can go.how does the chev awd system hold up with a mild lift, not going to use it for heavy offroad.then I will insulate and add panels to the interior
thanks

bdog1

Adventurer
Sounds like a cool plan. Might have to poke around a little to wake-up the GM crowd. There's a cool Astro here that has. 2 spd. Case swap and lift. The driveline is similar set-up to yours. What's the interior plan?

Sent from my iPhone w/Tapatalk

Accrete

Explorer
Greetings,
This is a bit late of a reply? though my wife & i just had the BOR 2" lift kit installed in our 2010 Chevy AWD 1500 van and love it. The ride is actually surprisingly better that stock in our opinion. And in our rig's case the "Lift" turned out to be a measured +2.5". There is some room for adjustment.

I highly recommend the kit for any wishing to get the van up enough to make a off-road-ready style statement without going overboard. The van looks very nice at that lift height IMO.

Randall Dee

Huge Member
Greetings,
This is a bit late of a reply? though my wife & i just had the BOR 2" lift kit installed in our 2010 Chevy AWD 1500 van and love it. The ride is actually surprisingly better that stock in our opinion. And in our rig's case the "Lift" turned out to be a measured +2.5". There is some room for adjustment.

I highly recommend the kit for any wishing to get the van up enough to make a off-road-ready style statement without going overboard. The van looks very nice at that lift height IMO.

Did you have your install done locally or in the Portland area?

Accrete

Explorer
we have an acquaintance here on the oregon coast (astoria) that has a shop/business. He installed it without issue. And actually stated he placed all the parts from BOR next to parts he was putting in another chevy truck and that the parts appeared to be identical. One thing he mentioned was that it was old school on install tools needed...he had to get his ~1993 - 1999 wrench/dohicky out. So this kit must be old school or something. Wish i had more to share at this point but my friend is out hunting for the next two weeks. I'll ask him more details when i can. He said that these parts were "Just like" the dozens of other ~2" chevy lift kits he has put in over the last 15 years.

grit

thanks for the reply, I ordered the kit on Friday.i'm hoping to install 265-70's on van. I think that's probably the largest I can go with such a small lift

arlon

Adventurer
2" lift on my Astro van took me about 2hrs in the driveway to do. Just me, didn't need any help at all. Few hand tools and a jack were all that was needed. Hardest part was trimming the bottom of the fan shroud to clear the fan (body lift only).

Accrete

Explorer
Here is the van with the Boulder Offroad kit and RhinoLined rockers/wells/bumpers :)

_TGL-AWD_11-2013.jpg

Fun stuff. My wife LOVES her daily driver...it's not every wife that can say she has a master suite on wheels.

Best wishes on the install,
Thom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven