Lifted or Locked?

intothewild

Adventurer
Great info, thanks for all the replies. The reason I was contemplating either lift or locker is because things like skids (factory skids), recovery points and the like are fairly cheap and can be picked up at anytime. So while yes, I definitely agree that armor and recovery is very important, those items are not the hit on the wallet that the lift/lockers are.

Chris2000XJ

Just an FYI, basic physics tells us that having only a front locker is about useless once the front end becomes vertical/unweighted, read up on suspension loading/unloading. The more vertical the Jeep becomes, the more the weight shifts to the rear leaving the front with less weight which equates to less traction, this is even more pronounced in a ZJ.

Disagree. Rig spends the majority of the time on level ground, I agree that the front locker becomes less effective at angle but hill climbs aside the majority of the weight is usually over the front tires due to the engine.

On level(or mostly level) ground for things like snow, mud, and sand, a front locker is significantly more effective.

theksmith

Explorer
a good suspension lift will create a 29% improvement in the appearance of your offroad driving abilities. a locker will cause a 34% improvement.

however, 92.3% of all statistics on the internet are made up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh