Lone Peak Overland

Bergger

Explorer
I live at 10,200 feet in Colorado and we have a long 12 month camping season here! Just need a heater and proper camper for a good portion of the year. We have a travel trailer and wedge camper setup. We use our travel trailer for base camps, luxury camping, weeklong work trips down Denver and a guest space at home. Our AT Summit is for quick fishing trips, bike trips and backroad stuff. Also for winter fat tire biking and skiing. Wedge campers can be great in the cold months if insulated properly. The two together are a good combo.

1titanfan

I met with Kyle on Thursday and took a tour of the shop and it’s looking very good. I took a detailed physical look at the camper prototype and there is a ton of room when you lift up the mattress, which is really cushy, nobody that I’ve looked at has anything close to it. My build is 248 they said probably looking at October which isn’t perfect but I did wait for 6 months for my RTT, rack, awning and on and on during Covid, remember Covid and it was worth it just like this will be. To be completely honest I was 99% sure I wouldn’t get it but after seeing it and checking out all the new extrudes and just talking to Kyle I’m 100% sure no doubt getting it. I was fishing in Idaho for a few weeks and made the drive to Wenatchee and I’ll be driving up from San Diego to have it installed. There are other seasoned companies out starting to build campers like he is doing, but starting at twice the price. Everything is new even the shop, ONx shows his warehouse as a dirt lot, so be patient.

helidave

I looked at the one they had at overland expo and talked to kyle a bit. Most of the things I noticed that I didn't like were already redesigned/improved on the production version. I was hoping they would have some more pics and videos of that by now.

Zillon

my refund was processed by my bank today. Glad that’s over.

Still pulling for LP that they can deliver a cool product at a great price, but they gotta hire someone to answer the phones and email. Looking forward to checking one out in person later this year.

I actually backed out as well - but for different reasons.

Job uncertainty made me feel jumpy about having any funds tied up, so I decided to liquidate my order. Thankfully didn't run into any issues, and I was promptly replied to and refunded on 5/13. Ended up picking up an aluminum cap locally for $300 just so I have a dry place to sleep for some of my cycling events.

Guess it was a good call after reading through the most recent posts. Really hoping LP can pull this together and get some prototypes assembled to see the final version soon. Still think this is one of the better options out there, design wise.

BP89

I actually backed out as well - but for different reasons.

Job uncertainty made me feel jumpy about having any funds tied up, so I decided to liquidate my order. Thankfully didn't run into any issues, and I was promptly replied to and refunded on 5/13. Ended up picking up an aluminum cap locally for $300 just so I have a dry place to sleep for some of my cycling events.

Guess it was a good call after reading through the most recent posts. Really hoping LP can pull this together and get some prototypes assembled to see the final version soon. Still think this is one of the better options out there, design wise.
@Zillon - how did you request your refund? I'm on email #5 unanswered to Kyle and their Team account with no response. I unfortunately needed something in place for a July trip and sold my other set up and need the money to fund something on the used market for the time being. Just haven't been able to get anyone to respond to my requests.

I love what I'm hearing from other members here about the final product. I just can't wait for it to come out. I'll be a customer in the future though hopefully!

Zillon

@Zillon - how did you request your refund? I'm on email #5 unanswered to Kyle and their Team account with no response. I unfortunately needed something in place for a July trip and sold my other set up and need the money to fund something on the used market for the time being. Just haven't been able to get anyone to respond to my requests.

I love what I'm hearing from other members here about the final product. I just can't wait for it to come out. I'll be a customer in the future though hopefully!

Sent an email to Kyle on 5/10 with order # in subject line and got an immediate reply, refund notification email from LP received on 5/11, refund was issued to my card on 5/13.

BudLoomis

I just wanted to take a minute to share some updates on the LP camper frames. Kyle put together a full-size production model frame and a short bed Tacoma frame (the one with the tent attached). We should see some videos soon. I think these production frames look amazing though and I am excited for the final product!

IMG_5174.jpgScreenshot_20230615-115812.png

lonepeakoverland

Hey all! Wanted to chime in here. I’m personally behind a bit on email communication focusing on getting production green lit. For the fastest response please email team@lonepeakoverland.com. I’m currently hiring a customer service manager to cover phones and email so bear with us for a week or two. We definitely dropped the ball and had some tech glitches with a couple folks in which is completely on us. Now that we have final frames in the HQ follow along on Instagram as things progress! Exciting times :)

BP89

Hey all! Wanted to chime in here. I’m personally behind a bit on email communication focusing on getting production green lit. For the fastest response please email team@lonepeakoverland.com. I’m currently hiring a customer service manager to cover phones and email so bear with us for a week or two. We definitely dropped the ball and had some tech glitches with a couple folks in which is completely on us. Now that we have final frames in the HQ follow along on Instagram as things progress! Exciting times :)
Kyle, I love how this is coming together. It's the reason I was one of the first people to put my money in to support the venture. Unfortunately, due to the delays I need to get something else in place for my family for a big trip we have in July. I've emailed the team account a couple times without response. Is there any way I can get a response on a refund to those messages or a better way I can reach out? I'm really bummed I won't be able to be a part of the launch as I was hoping, but I need something in place sooner. I hope to be a future customer because it looks like you are coming out with a killer product! Please let me know how best to proceed.

Roam.Wild

I was kicked out of the ambassador group because some of the other ambassadors and Kyle didn't like my posts on here. Said I was being too negative and didn't have LP's best interest in mind. Hopefully, they'll get the customer service side of things figured out and not rely on one dude on the internet to pump out all their updates for them and then give that same dude a bad customer service experience.

To everyone waiting on orders, good luck, hope you enjoy the camper when you get it, gonna be sweet.

BudLoomis

I was kicked out of the ambassador group because some of the other ambassadors and Kyle didn't like my posts on here. Said I was being too negative and didn't have LP's best interest in mind. Hopefully, they'll get the customer service side of things figured out and not rely on one dude on the internet to pump out all their updates for them and then give that same dude a bad customer service experience.

To everyone waiting on orders, good luck, hope you enjoy the camper when you get it, gonna be sweet.
No offense, but if you are not buying a camper any longer and will not be representing the company, then you should not be an ambassador.

Roam.Wild

No offense, but if you are not buying a camper any longer and will not be representing the company, then you should not be an ambassador.
Oh, I totally agree with that. The post was more so to inform the dozen or so people I have been speaking to on here on behalf of LP that they will have to get updates elsewhere, and that I was removed not for the reason of not being in queue for a camper anymore, but that I was being pressured to only talk good about LP and that my actions (no matter how truthful) were deemed negative. I should not have talked about my poor refund process, which seems others here are experiencing as well, or the delays.

So to everyone else, just know if you speak to an ambassador the rule is they can only tell you good things, and if they don't they'll be kicked out of the group. (y)

lonepeakoverland

Kyle, I love how this is coming together. It's the reason I was one of the first people to put my money in to support the venture. Unfortunately, due to the delays I need to get something else in place for my family for a big trip we have in July. I've emailed the team account a couple times without response. Is there any way I can get a response on a refund to those messages or a better way I can reach out? I'm really bummed I won't be able to be a part of the launch as I was hoping, but I need something in place sooner. I hope to be a future customer because it looks like you are coming out with a killer product! Please let me know how best to proceed.
Sorry my email has been swamped with production ramping. Team@lonepeakoverland.com is the best/fastest for admin type stuff. Jeremy will get it taken care of today. Thanks for your support and grace as we build something cool!

BudLoomis

Oh, I totally agree with that. The post was more so to inform the dozen or so people I have been speaking to on here on behalf of LP that they will have to get updates elsewhere, and that I was removed not for the reason of not being in queue for a camper anymore, but that I was being pressured to only talk good about LP and that my actions (no matter how truthful) were deemed negative. I should not have talked about my poor refund process, which seems others here are experiencing as well, or the delays.

So to everyone else, just know if you speak to an ambassador the rule is they can only tell you good things, and if they don't they'll be kicked out of the group. (y)
Dude, this is not true. I won't argue with you on this further, but the people that are reading this should know that Kyle and Lone Peak do not have any rules for ambassadors to communicate. The argument you are referring to in our ambassador chat was between another ambassador saying that you should have a little more patience and respect for the company that was paying you a commission to represent them and spread the word. Kyle is hiring and training new employees and developing his assembly process, while building a brand-new company. He said he was sorry for the delay in your refund, and he issued you a refund. This should not be an issue going forward and Lone Peak will be hiring more employees to help improve the customer service soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl