Lone Peak Overland

lonepeakoverland

Oh, I totally agree with that. The post was more so to inform the dozen or so people I have been speaking to on here on behalf of LP that they will have to get updates elsewhere, and that I was removed not for the reason of not being in queue for a camper anymore, but that I was being pressured to only talk good about LP and that my actions (no matter how truthful) were deemed negative. I should not have talked about my poor refund process, which seems others here are experiencing as well, or the delays.

So to everyone else, just know if you speak to an ambassador the rule is they can only tell you good things, and if they don't they'll be kicked out of the group. (y)
Just so it out there here was my response:

Hey Chris, sorry again for the failure in our communication with you. Did the money get back to your account Ok? As an ambassador for us I’m not expecting everything you post to be rosy but I do expect you to have Lone Peak’s best interest in mind. That’s the whole point of our ambassadors. Obviously, you can post what you’d like but I think it’d be best to part ways as your actions don’t align with what we’re trying to do with this group. Wish you the best.

Let’s all get back to our days and carry on.

BP89

Kyle, just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks. My refund should be coming shortly. Thank you for helping get that done. I'm genuinely bummed I won't be rocking one of your campers for a bit, but do hope I can be a customer in the future! I'll be following the updates as they come out and wish you the best of luck in launching the final builds. It seriously looks like an awesome product that is coming and I've appreciated your thoughtfulness in the build. Thanks again.

jaywo

After reading the last few messages I just wanted to give my 2 cents, as an ambassador I am part of the group chat that Roam.wild mentioned. A few pages ago on this thread Roam.wild said Kyle didn’t care about customers leaving, it’s simply not true. The thing Kyle said on the chat was that he was committed to release the best possible products even if that meant loosing a few orders due to a slight delay (he was actually referring to Roam.wild canceling his order).

I don’t know about you, but I think a small delay for a better product is a good thing and the opposite of « not caring about customers ».

You know over the many years I read this forum I have seen my share of startups over promising for products and then fail. Yet so far, from everything I can see from this project Kyle has been working his ass off, and did an incredible job so far. I tested the product myself and was very impressed with what I saw which is why I applied btw.

Will there be further delays or other issues? I have no idea, and everybody here is free to make his own judgment and order this camper or not but on my side I am impressed with Kyle achievements and how serious he has been with everything so far.

1titanfan

The problem I’m concerned about is finding a buyer for my RTT andYakima truck rack. I live in a condo and have a one car garage so no place to store it, so if anyone knows anyone interested in buying these or a good place to list them let me know. Seeing the frame put together is really cool, when I was there last week the frame seemed bullet proof. Just waiting!

Johncmng

"I don’t know about you, but I think a small delay for a better product is a good thing and the opposite of « not caring about customers »."
This has been a typical response back to the customers to buy them some time. Just do a search on Four Leaf Clover Fabrications. I was one of those people waiting for a trailer to be finished.

Antwon412

"I don’t know about you, but I think a small delay for a better product is a good thing and the opposite of « not caring about customers »."
This has been a typical response back to the customers to buy them some time. Just do a search on Four Leaf Clover Fabrications. I was one of those people waiting for a trailer to be finished.
You have really posted about that multiple times in this thread. Feels kind of inappropriate at this point.

You had a bad experience with a totally different vendor. Nothing of the sort has even been hinted that by Lone Peak Overland. The owner himself has been on here a few times to talk to people, and reached out to people as well to make sure there’s no misunderstandings.

They are taking longer than expected to get a brand new product off the ground. That is not uncommon. and the few people who have had to cancel orders, with the exception of one person who had a little bit longer time getting his back, have had their money refunded to them.

You make the statement, “this has been a typical response to customers to buy some time”

That may have been the case with the four Clover company you were dealing with, but that frankly has nothing to do with this company.

V1GiLaNtE

I just wanted to take a minute to share some updates on the LP camper frames. Kyle put together a full-size production model frame and a short bed Tacoma frame (the one with the tent attached). We should see some videos soon. I think these production frames look amazing though and I am excited for the final product!

View attachment 783264View attachment 783265
Very cool to see some of the personal branding touches like on the tent and corner braces with "LP". Those are certainly more form than function touches and it shows a lot of thought went into it.

Wrestler1_85

Wow a bunch of y’all are pretty wound here! 😂 take a deep breath! Lol … a week ago I stopped by the LP shop saw the initial production prototypes in person being assembled and got to get hands on with them.

First of all - production times. I am actually very impressed the schedule Kyle and team have been able to stay on. I am a GFC owner that reserved right at the end of V1 and got caught in all the V2 delays. My camper wasn’t ready for A YEAR AFTER the original ready date. That would be like the first LP reservations not being ready until June of 2024!

Second - After getting to see these things IRL and being a current GFC V2 owner I am really impressed over all. As pointed out by others here, yes no wedge camper is perfect and all have trade offs, but I am very impressed in both how thoughtful the design is - focused on maximizing usability and the over all quality consider Kyle and team are just getting started.

Looking forward to my LP camper. I will get here when it gets here. If you can’t camp this season you camp next season.

seamarsh

Wow a bunch of y’all are pretty wound here! 😂 take a deep breath! Lol … a week ago I stopped by the LP shop saw the initial production prototypes in person being assembled and got to get hands on with them.

First of all - production times. I am actually very impressed the schedule Kyle and team have been able to stay on. I am a GFC owner that reserved right at the end of V1 and got caught in all the V2 delays. My camper wasn’t ready for A YEAR AFTER the original ready date. That would be like the first LP reservations not being ready until June of 2024!

Second - After getting to see these things IRL and being a current GFC V2 owner I am really impressed over all. As pointed out by others here, yes no wedge camper is perfect and all have trade offs, but I am very impressed in both how thoughtful the design is - focused on maximizing usability and the over all quality consider Kyle and team are just getting started.

Looking forward to my LP camper. I will get here when it gets here. If you can’t camp this season you camp next season.
Are you a brand ambassador?

Antwon412

On an Instagram post recently Loan Peak mentioned you would be able to choose which orientation your wanted your roof panel. It’s black on one side, white on the other.

My thinking is, while it would be nice to have white on the inside to have it a bit brighter/more open feeling when you’re in the bed with the wedge popped open, having the white be on the outside the roof of the camper would help keep the inside of it cooler.

Anyone else think that might be the right way to go? I have additional led lights I’ll be adding in.

Roam.Wild

On an Instagram post recently Loan Peak mentioned you would be able to choose which orientation your wanted your roof panel. It’s black on one side, white on the other.

My thinking is, while it would be nice to have white on the inside to have it a bit brighter/more open feeling when you’re in the bed with the wedge popped open, having the white be on the outside the roof of the camper would help keep the inside of it cooler.

Anyone else think that might be the right way to go? I have additional led lights I’ll be adding in.
I think the huge windows will be all you need to make it feel big inside, my vote would be for white on the outside to reflect as much heat as possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl