Lone Peak Overland

Dave in AZ

Yep. This is a reason why I went with Tune, 1Nov order, 18Jan install. More expensive, but bigger and well built. I liked Lone Peak design, but just too long with my money before delivery.

laxtoy

Adventurer
Unfortunately, the options for a first gen Tacoma are very limited- pretty much Oru Designs, AT, Go Fast, Sierra Pacific and Lone Peak.

The Lone Peak is by far the best for my needs
-costs half what an AT or Sierra Pacific cost
-Fold up bed platform, only AT has that
-gas struts inside the lid when closed
-accessibility with lift doors on sides, drop down front canopy window
-Best bed platform footprint, AT is only 48”, too narrow for most air pads, and Oru is 60” which is pointlessly wide and makes the lower sidewalks vertical, I have a 54” Exped, that’s the sweet spot
-GoFast is same price, zero features and from what I’ve heard they aren’t well sealed to the elements

Issue is, just be truly transparent. I’m a business owner, no way I’d pull ******** where I kept telling people unrealistic timelines

Antwon412

It’d be nice to hear from some members in terms of orders being fulfilled, though I doubt it’ll be much reassurance. Last update they posted said their goal was 2 campers a day, I don’t understand how that would in any way be a pace that’d satisfy an appropriate amount of orders.

If @1titanfan is #248 and hoping for March, I’ll be getting mine in 2026 if not 2027 if I’m at #1517.

52 weeks x 5 days (I’m sure they’re not working weekends) x 2 campers a day is 520 campers a year. Yikes. Pretty depressing.

They haven’t updated the expected date for orders on their website since I ordered before Christmas, still says new orders expected in August. I’m hoping this doesn’t turn into a situation similar to what happened at Vagabond.

Edit, looks like they changed it to September since yesterday.

How is that in any way realistic?

I believe that your camper would be number 517, not number 1517.
I do agree that it takes a long time for them to get up to speed, but I would think that’s to be expected for my brand new company with a brand new product.

laxtoy

Adventurer
e2ce76c695ddd0ba27971e97ebc06fc5.jpg

I think I know what order number I was told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1titanfan

The reason I went with lone peak is because they were and still are the only ones making a camper for titans, let alone the crazy good price. I sort of look at it like my investments, save 2k for a one year term(the 2k being the difference between L/P and the next lowest priced company). Other companies sell a unit and the next year change it and now you have gen2 and 1k price increase. Besides being a start up L/P has been updating all along on the first model, I know that doesn’t change the wait time, it you can’t wait that’s the way it is. I ordered mine 4/10/23 that’s very close to when I’ll probably get it. I’m pretty sure they are farther down the road than people think, I ask Kecia about something on the camper and she said in so many words(by doing some math) that they were at approximately #125, so if this is wrong Kyle or Kecia please correct me. If I remember from a past post or video that they had 40 possible configurations for the camper and that they are doing these a little out of order in able to get them dialed in, pure speculation on my part. Laxtoy you are #517 for sure and each week that goes by they get faster and faster. Yes I’m a little bummed also because I need to do some work on the camper before going camping and I wanted to go to Overland expo in Flagstaff, but you never know. They have sold a lot of these because they are well built and engineered and are a great value. With that said I am not affiliated with lone peak in any way.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Well they started at number 1000. So the first order was 1001. I am order…1298 I think. But actually camper order # 298.
You’re correct. They started at 1000. Order #1517 is actually 517th in line, and quite a few of those in front have either canceled or were accessory purchases. I know that I have 3 of those order #s in front of 517 myself.

Antwon412

You’re correct. They started at 1000. Order #1517 is actually 517th in line, and quite a few of those in front have either canceled or were accessory purchases. I know that I have 3 of those order #s in front of 517 myself.
Same here. I “moved up” several spots as well.

laxtoy

Adventurer
Well they started at number 1000. So the first order was 1001. I am order…1298 I think. But actually camper order # 298.

lol calm down and listen
Aaaaagggghhh!! You guys just added a year to my life! I read the whole thread, I never picked that, I did post I was order 1517 a bunch of posts back but nobody said anything. up. My apologies for being snippy

TexasSixSeven

Observer
If it makes y’all feel any better me and my travel buddy (he’s not much entertainment while driving) are headed out for a long weekend camping at the river lol

Attachments

• 77E9F2F6-B73F-4D36-8C5B-065CAA22CA11.jpeg
    77E9F2F6-B73F-4D36-8C5B-065CAA22CA11.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater