Long road to nowhere.

KSJeep

Explorer
1123771934054084051S600x600Q85.jpg

Edwards AFB, CA. thru the Rosamond hills.

Richie

Adventurer
A random road in the Rio Puerco badlands area west of Albuquerque.
Picture559.jpg

The road that takes you down into the Puerco
Picture549.jpg

GWolfe

Gypsum Hills in south central KS.

100_0490.jpg

I saw another pic of the Flint Hills back a page or two. Here are a couple more.

img_2236.jpg

img_2191.jpg

fangars

Adventurer

My wife and I rescued a dog from this area, it was standing to the side of the road watching as cars passed hoping for hand outs.
1198042399_0cf411c6b7.jpg

She did not want to get too close, but after giving her water and some food we were able to get her into our truck.
She was extremely weak and barfing bits of sage brush into our truck as we let her sleep in there over night while we were in our tent. She was covered in fleas and very thin. For the night we had her we named her Koki as we had found her just a few miles from Wukoki ruins.
Next day we found the Humane Society in Flagstaff and dropped her off as we had no idea if she was going to make it without some serious medical attention. That collar on her was way oversized and had tags for a dog that was vaccinated back in 1992, it also had a long strand of broken chicken wire fencing that looks like it was used to tether her somewhere and she most likely walked in circles until it broke and set her free. Had it been a good home I doubt she would wander the desert looking for food. We left her with a donation and her story with which the ladies there said they would probably have no trouble adopting out such a pup with such a story.
That was a few years ago and to this day our truck has the faint smell of sage brush barf in it.

Last edited:

DrMoab

Explorer
I used to run through that area for a living twice a week. I would usually hit and kill about one dog a month. The people who live there let them breed and run wild. They would run in packs at night and for some reason seemed to be attracted to 50 ton trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online