Long road to nowhere.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Both of them were outside of Buena Vista, CO. The tunnels is part of an area called "Fourmile" (Let me tell you it is more than that LOL)
Was that part of the 'Midland RR'? It started in Colorado Springs roundhouses and went west thru the state to Utah I think. Lots of trails and tunnels to follow when I was a kid......we use to leave gas cans under bridges and then run the old rr beds and passable tunnels on dirt bikes.....absolute ball.....well maybe the alcohol and being young helped ....but still lots of fun.:victory::wings:

Funrover

Expedition Leader
I believe it was.. I know the Midland bicycle/hiking trail was right there. You can really go for miles on all the back roads out there

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I believe it was.. I know the Midland bicycle/hiking trail was right there. You can really go for miles on all the back roads out there
Yeah no doubt us baby boomers had to go and yuppi-ise it and make it easy.....always taking the mystery out of stuff. damn!:smiley_drive:

Saline

Adventurer
pb040055.jpg

ExpeditionOz

The "Blue Rag Range Track" which is located in the Victorian section of Australia's "Great Dividing Range" winds its way up the hill to a trig point on the far distant mountain. The track veers off from the Dargo High Plains Road just before it joins the Great Alpine Road.

blue_rag_range_track.jpg

Sawyer

Adventurer
New to the Expo. And this section is sar far the best thing out there. It is really starting to refuel my passion for photography. Here is my contribution. Shot these a couple of years ago while photographing the Primm Cup.

Would love to go to some of the places in this thread.....

Attachments

• DSC_0534.jpg
    DSC_0534.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0538.jpg
    DSC_0538.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0542.jpg
    DSC_0542.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads