Long shot: TRADE (4) Newer Cooper ST Maxx 285/75r16 for MT tires

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
I know this is a long shot, but I figured it's worth seeing if anyone has some MT tires they simply aren't putting to use, or want something quieter or tamer for a DD.

I bought a set of 4 Cooper ST Maxx tires a few months ago, and they've currently got about 2k miles put on them, they're 285/75r16, with 3-ply sidewalls and E-range casings (only option with these). They're strong as can be, and extremely stout. They haven't caused me any problems, but I'd prefer to have something a little more aggressive on the truck, or a little differently aggressive.

In a perfect world, I'd love to end up with a set of MT/r w/ Kevlar, understandably with more milage than mine. But would also be interested in KM2's, or even a set of new TreadWright Guard Dog's (I had great luck with these in the past). Looking for the same size and load range with 3-ply sidewalls, I'd be open to other options but these are my preferred choices.

IMG_20140815_104014.jpg

Like I said, I know this is a long shot, but worth a try :D I'm not unhappy with these tires by any means, they're terrific tires, but I live on a ranch and have to drive on some very...very undeveloped paths that having a tire with higher void shoulder lug would help keep me moving, especially now with the white stuff everywhere.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
On the contrary, I had the center treads of my KM2s siped and find them to be great in snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
I'm in Golden.

While on paper and for most drivers, the ST Maxx will be excellent on snowy roads, and naturally vastly better than a typical MT on ice, there are traits of these tires that leave me wanting on my daily driving that I've not found missing with MT tires. I've used the old MT/r before and have been happy with those, similarly happy with the Treadwright tires, they were certainly different in a handful of ways.

If this doesn't work out I'm planning on selling my cyclocross bike shortly in hopes to get enough to cover the cost of a new set of tires, UCA's, and kickstart a new bike build.

Drive By Trucker

Another long shot...but worth asking.

CaptureColorado, I'm in Lakewood and have a newer set of Duratracs on my tacoma. They are 265/75/16 load range C. I can't attach photos from my work computer but pm me and I can text or email you some from my phone. I realize they are not exactly what you are looking for but they have lots of tread still, been rotated once at 6k miles.

Scott

GTABurnout

Explorer
Are you willing to sell the tires out right? I was going to buy a new set same size and tire here in a few months any way.

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
If I end up selling the bike and buying a set of mtr, I'll be selling these at that point. Until then I need them since I'm driving the truck daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle