Look what I found!! What do ya think?

IamHUCK

Took a back ranch road home today for this very reason. This thing is a u-cart concrete dump trailer. 42'X60" , heavy duty axel and breaks. I will lose sleep over this thing because the rancher said he'd have to think about selling it. Check out the pics, man the possibilities!!! I'd appreciate any imput on if and how hard I should try to persuade him in a couple days. 2011-07-27_16-18-22_597.jpg

D

Deleted member 13060

I think it's WAY too heavy unless you want to take 1/4 yard of concrete camping with you...... :)

This trailer http://www.sierra4x4trailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lid.jpg
with brakes has a load rating of 3500 lbs and weighs less than 700 lbs w/o the RTT, lid and gas cans. I couldn't find a pic of the "basic" trailer.

Help us out here. Why the push towards such heavy industrial trailers when a well built light weight trailer will more than meet your needs?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I think it's WAY too heavy unless you want to take 1/4 yard of concrete camping with you...... :)

This trailer http://www.sierra4x4trailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lid.jpg
with brakes has a load rating of 3500 lbs and weighs less than 700 lbs w/o the RTT, lid and gas cans. I couldn't find a pic of the "basic" trailer.

Help us out here. Why the push towards such heavy industrial trailers when a well built light weight trailer will more than meet your needs?

Dontcha know, in Texas it's "go big or go home"!! But I agree, too many threads lately asking about industrial trailers that are more trouble that they are worth.

IamHUCK

guys, if i can just get the pics up you would see how sweet this thing is. as far as your lightweight custom ordered trailers turn key and delivered A: my pockets arent that deep b: i love diy c: where is the fun and creativity in that? I didnt start golfing with ping clubs, and did start duck hunting with a benelli sbeII. Just my thought.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
guys, if i can just get the pics up you would see how sweet this thing is. as far as your lightweight custom ordered trailers turn key and delivered A: my pockets arent that deep b: i love diy c: where is the fun and creativity in that? I didnt start golfing with ping clubs, and did start duck hunting with a benelli sbeII. Just my thought.

I built my own, thank you very much. That thing is just very heavy for its size.

loren85022

Explorer
Yo Huck. Youre in good company when you say the budget wont swing one of the off-the-shelf Cadillacs. But there's no shortage of amazing DIY trailers roaming about this portal. Not many can sustain a roadside IED hit as this looks it could (or maybe did). There's a few clever dual-use trailers on here as well. I'm currently building mine from an old utility truck bed. Nothing fancy. She wont stop incoming artillery or haul coal, but the family loves it. Try AllOfCraigsList and search for "camping trailer" Its humorous to see who would camp or go exploring in what kind of trailer. G'uck with whatever suits you.

IamHUCK

I can see what you guys mean by heavy, for the size I think you guys are right. I think I can do a lot better. Thanks for setting me on a better course. I tend to be excitable, thanks for the perspective. I love the utility bed builds I have seen on here. That was actually my initial idea. but being as one of the excursions I want to build this rig for is remote beach fishing the weight of that type of build was a concern. At least for my fj. Do those who have built these fell that is the case?
I am like everyone else. The amount of money I have and the amount of money I have to spend on this project in order to stay married leads to creativity :) By the way, I am trying to close the deal on "My Build" I got a line on a couple of pioneer tool trailers. Apparently the guy has a couple. This is the rig that got me to join this site and really peaked my interest in this whole concept. I am pumped he is close enough to get there and back in a day!!! Any thoughts on this type of build? Would love to hear the pros and cons, especially before I spend the cash. Thanks guys.

HUCK

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I drive by that thing once or twice a week to get home from work in San Antonio when I-35N is a parking lot. I've often wondered how heavy it is just because it has such a rusty-but-solid look to it, not unlike an old anchor, lol. Good luck checking out the Pioneer Trailer. Hope to see you sometime. :friday:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I can see what you guys mean by heavy, for the size I think you guys are right. I think I can do a lot better. Thanks for setting me on a better course. I tend to be excitable, thanks for the perspective. I love the utility bed builds I have seen on here. That was actually my initial idea. but being as one of the excursions I want to build this rig for is remote beach fishing the weight of that type of build was a concern. At least for my fj. Do those who have built these fell that is the case?
I am like everyone else. The amount of money I have and the amount of money I have to spend on this project in order to stay married leads to creativity :) By the way, I am trying to close the deal on "My Build" I got a line on a couple of pioneer tool trailers. Apparently the guy has a couple. This is the rig that got me to join this site and really peaked my interest in this whole concept. I am pumped he is close enough to get there and back in a day!!! Any thoughts on this type of build? Would love to hear the pros and cons, especially before I spend the cash. Thanks guys.

HUCK

If you type "pioneer trailer" in the search box towards the top of the page it will bring up several threads. If you were closer I would have you look at one of my trailers, I have more than a few out here that the wife is being patient with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3