Looking for a "Fridge"....

codename607

Adventurer
Guys I'd like to purchase an electric fridge to go in my SUV. The only thing is that I can't see myself paying for the nice ARB (or equivalent) fridge. I did come across a 12vt fridge that I saw inside a local truck stop. I did some research and have seen that these types of fridges pull a lot of power and often times will drain batteries.

With that being said should I go with those fridges or should I just spend the cash on an ARB one?

Also is there anyway to have the fridge drain less battery? Or should I even worry about draining the battery if I have a dual battery set up?

dblosch

Adventurer
Just my opinion, but if you aren't ready to plunk down the cash for an ARB or equivalent, stick with a nice ice chest until you are!

The thermolectric "coolers" work within a range of ambient temperature. I think most are 30-40 degrees colder than ambient. So on a hot day, your batteries are drained faster, and your food is warmer. $800 is a lot to swallow, but we bought an ARB last year and I'll never look back.

A little motivation...

ARB.jpg

:wavey:
Dan

Last edited:

codename607

Adventurer
How big are you looking for? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dometic-Coo...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d39b4ab38&vxp=mtr
Is about as small as you get from anyone else. Uses a Danfoss BD35F compressor and is 12/24. You can use AC with the adapter. says it holds 24 cans.

I am looking at one of these myself. My last one was way to big at 50quart.

This could work but I would have to research it some more. If you end up getting this let me know how good it works.

Thought this might be of interest.......the most efficient and toughest fridges I know of but if you think the ARB is a lot of money then .... www.norcoast.com.au

Yeah these are nice but I can't see spending that much on a fridge for my rig....maybe for my house

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC