Looking for Forum Members to Test a DECKED Storage System

RES

Hi, my name is Jack. As in Jack of all trades. My owner makes me do everything from hauling the family as a DD, to bringing all the tools to the job site, but the best times are heading to the mountains, desert, or water for some exploring and camping. I am getting a bit older, but have never left anyone stranded. I currently have a crappy plywood platform for my owners to sleep on, but sure could use some updating. I am tired of hearing every weekend how they can't reach something. I would love to get "DECKED" out with a new drawer and platform system.

I will even be hauling my owner to another mountain bike trip in the Ketchum area in three weeks if you would like me to stop by. Here are a few pictures of my latest travels.

P1110738 - Copy.jpg

P1110774 - Copy.jpg

P1110788 - Copy.jpg

P1120780 - Copy.jpg

P1120812.jpg

P1120821 - Copy.jpg

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I got to play around with one of your display models at Fort Collins 4x4 a few weeks ago, all I can say is I was impressed with the build quality and robustness of the unit. I don't have a full size truck but I liked the concept very much!

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Joronimo!
Thanks for the proverbial throwing of the hat into the ring. DECKED in a 6-6 bed leaves about 10" if you put a short system in. A couple of the shallower toolboxes do work w DECKED like the DeeZee 8170. The system is 12" tall.
-DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Mr Ozment,
Like a pickup truck itself, life is full of compromises! We actually explored the drawer extension issue a few times and at this point the cost entailed to achieve another 10" or so of extension just doesn't pencil with our goal of keeping our costs as affordable as possible. It's definitely a common topic and we are always looking into new things like the extension slides. Another good option is the CargoGlide, but they don't have storage compartments, however you can strap boxes to them. Stay tuned here!
-DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Any chance you are thinking about making a system that would fit the Chevy Avalanche or have something that might fit? 2002-2013 all had the same bed size as far as I know. Approximately 5'3" long by 4'2" wide.

Hey HostileJava,
Not at this point. It's a very specific dimension and there just aren't enough of them on the road to make a product specifically for them. But down the road there could be another product we make which will fit. Sorry!
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Decked,

First let me say I applaud your willingness to solicit real world user feedback, something it seems has been lost on a number of companies in recent years. Whomever you choose from the Expo Portal you should be able to meet your objectives of authentic and constructive feedback. Having been on various vehicle and outdoor centered forums over the years there are none I have found which compare to the learnings I’ve received from this community…truly a remarkable group of individuals that inspire the spirit of getting out and exploring.

He is my “brief pitch”…

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 Crew Cab (5’7” bed / box)
Primary Use: daily driver; backwoods exploring & camping rig; mountain / fat-biking, dog and kid hauler, occasional tow duties
Commentary: I have put 96,651 miles on this truck as of this writing, bought new in 2011 and have it configured, finally, in a manner that works almost perfect for my families needs. Part of the ‘configuration’ process was to get a TruckVault storage solution, a name you are undoubtedly familiar with. I looked at several options before purchasing my TruckVault, used mind you, including your Decked Solution. While I will reserve my initial logic on my selection process I do recognize there are some limitations with my current setup; that being said I do hold the TruckVault products in high regard. If you are seeking to find an end user who will truly use the product, provide an obsessive amount of detail in terms of the feedback and can give your company and members of this forum comparison feedback on other solutions in the marketplace I would ask for your consideration.
Adventures Upcoming: Starting the 2nd week of June I will be spending 2-3 weeks heading from Minnesota to western Montana and the Canadian Rockies camping out of the back of the truck, hiking, fishing, etc. Two kids and two dogs in tow, gear for dispersed camping, vehicle support stuff, etc. Would be a great opportunity to provide initial feedback. Then in late July a few days doing the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (tamer by comparison).

I wish you well in finding the ideal ‘candidates’ and look forward to reading the end users feedback.

Cheers,
JS

6501e09d9e8f5bc95874bb1b335c7258.jpg

efe0f91e57af4cf779c5e2739c64fc92.jpg

3ca622943932f91093cf358960d945e1.jpg

Hey JerstW,
Thanks for the great response. We are looking for people to really use this thing and put it through its paces. No one can tell the community here (which IS incredible by the way) if DECKED is any good better than a completely unbiased 3rd party. And we are that confident that out of the thousands of them we have sold, we have a 4.7 out of 5 star rating from our customers. Truck Vault is a great product. Very well made, and also made here in the USA! It's a bit different but ultimately another great option. Thanks for the response.
Stay Tuned!
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
JCubed,
Thanks for putting your hand up! Great looking Toyota and exactly the kind of user and abuser that Expedition Portal attracts.
Stay Tuned,
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hey 1MK,
Not yet on the Tacoma... but we are working on it! Great photos, we'd love some of them w DECKED in that truck!

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hey ZJArcher,
You would definitely love the DECKED system for your hunting needs. It's the perfect tool for keeping your gear secure and out of the elements.
Keep your eyes peeled,
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Paranoid56... yep Ole for the taco! We hear you, working on it. Don't have it yet....
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Since it's the tailgate end that is too narrow, could someone potentially use the shorter drawer system, so it doesn't go the full length of the bed?

*edit*
The more I think about it, the wheel wells would probably cause a similar issue using the shorter drawers.

We are asking the Ingineurs... will get you an answer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy