Looking for Forum Members to Test a DECKED Storage System

patoz

Expedition Leader
Thanks Mr Ozment,
Like a pickup truck itself, life is full of compromises! We actually explored the drawer extension issue a few times and at this point the cost entailed to achieve another 10" or so of extension just doesn't pencil with our goal of keeping our costs as affordable as possible. It's definitely a common topic and we are always looking into new things like the extension slides. Another good option is the CargoGlide, but they don't have storage compartments, however you can strap boxes to them. Stay tuned here!
-DECKED

Yeah, those slides are pretty expensive, and I understand what you're saying there. Since I have an A.R.E shell on mine, a Cargo Glide mounted on top of the Decked System might be a good option for me also. I could put the big bulky seldom used items, like a high lift jack, on the front end of it and leave the rest open for 'groceries'! :) Then put all of the smaller items in the drawers and D-Boxes.

I'm liking this better by the minute!

Last edited:

3 DOGS

Observer
Well guess this explains where this thread went to.....I wasn't smart enough to look in two places for the same thread.
Hopefully they can link the two - here and domestic full size - so those of us that responded to DECKED there can still be in the running.
Lots of great looking rigs up for the consideration.....hopefully my Blue can make the cut.

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Guys,
The DECKED system can easily handle a fridge on the top. Just like TruBrit says, we do have a 2000 lb payload on the deck. And there are steel tubes running laterally through the deck itself which you can bolt and/or screw attachments to. There are 6 to 7 steel tubes running side to side in each system measuring 1"x1/2".
Let us know if that answers it for you!
DECKED

Shawntt17

Hey Guys,
The DECKED system can easily handle a fridge on the top. Just like TruBrit says, we do have a 2000 lb payload on the deck. And there are steel tubes running laterally through the deck itself which you can bolt and/or screw attachments to. There are 6 to 7 steel tubes running side to side in each system measuring 1"x1/2".
Let us know if that answers it for you!
DECKED
Thanks for the response that is awesome news. I knew about the pay load but not the steel bars running through to bolt stuff to. Are the bars marked so if you want to mount something you can or do you find them from underneath. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the response that is awesome news. I knew about the pay load but not the steel bars running through to bolt stuff to. Are the bars marked so if you want to mount something you can or do you find them from underneath. Thanks

Yep! Every tube is marked with a small dimple in the surface of the deck to take the guess work out of it.! You can screw to them by just going through the top. Or you can bolt to them by drilling through and using nut and bolt. You only need to be careful that your hardware is not so long as to obstruct the function of the drawers if they protrude into the drawer cavity.

Shawntt17

Yep! Every tube is marked with a small dimple in the surface of the deck to take the guess work out of it.! You can screw to them by just going through the top. Or you can bolt to them by drilling through and using nut and bolt. You only need to be careful that your hardware is not so long as to obstruct the function of the drawers if they protrude into the drawer cavity.
That's is awesome. Really hoping to test one out for you. Thanks again

RES

Decked, Thanks for those answers on the tubes. This was one thing I was thinking about as well. I really like the system, but this would have to play a multi purpose role for me. I am a little concerned about how tools, on top of the system, might slide around on the plastic. Such as the 5 gallon bucket in your photos, it seems the plastic on plastic would be slick. Any examples of ways to deal with this? Do you sell a Rubber mat or something that could help?

I also really like the weatherproof aspect. Does water stay out of drawers when driving at highway speeds in driving rain or snow? I feel like snow alwas finds it's way through small cracks.

Any pics of one in a 2nd Gen dodge with 8ft bed?

This seems like a great and durable solution for our construction, camping, family hauling rig. Looking forward to hearing about the above questions.

Thanks

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Decked, Thanks for those answers on the tubes. This was one thing I was thinking about as well. I really like the system, but this would have to play a multi purpose role for me. I am a little concerned about how tools, on top of the system, might slide around on the plastic. Such as the 5 gallon bucket in your photos, it seems the plastic on plastic would be slick. Any examples of ways to deal with this? Do you sell a Rubber mat or something that could help?

I also really like the weatherproof aspect. Does water stay out of drawers when driving at highway speeds in driving rain or snow? I feel like snow alwas finds it's way through small cracks.

Any pics of one in a 2nd Gen dodge with 8ft bed?

This seems like a great and durable solution for our construction, camping, family hauling rig. Looking forward to hearing about the above questions.

Thanks

We'll start with your last question, because its answer is probably a deal breaker...we don't make a system for 8 foot beds - there just aren't that many on the road these days. BUT, it can be made to work by putting the system in the tailgate end of the bed and leaving a gap up front which can be used however the heart desires (a narrow crossover box perhaps?). Don't have a picture on hand, though.

Plastic on top of the deck can be a bit slick, but a rubber bed mat over the top works great. And yes, water from rain or a car wash will stay out of the drawers, but they aren't watertight. We generally like to say weatherproof, as small particulate stuff in the air like dust or water vapor can get blown in through the front of the drawers in small quantities. So some really fine snow might get blown in, but generally nothing significant.
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
DECKED Product Reviewer/Tester Announcement!!!

Drum roll please..... Now more cowbell!!!

After a long week of anticipation and seeing the amazing interest in getting to test the DECKED system in your truck, we have closed our eyes and thrown a dart at our computer and selected:

PATOZ!

Patoz was selected based on several criteria actually:
1. He was our biggest skeptic
2. The photo of his truck made it appear as though there was an American flag in his trailer hitch... Wait, maybe there actually was a flag in his hitch!
3. He is obviously addicted to the Expedition Portal forums w 1,200+ posts averaging 1.3 posts a day
4. The guy is fixing up an ambulance, how cool is that?
5. He's retired so he will have a TON of time to be won over by DECKED and offer his input
6. Did we mention he was skeptical?

Congrats Pat! Stoked to be sending you a DECKED system and hearing your impressions, experience and feedback.

TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED: SEND US A PM AND WE WILL SEND YOU A SPECIAL CODE FOR 10% OFF A DECKED SYSTEM!

HPIM1339.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing how well it gets tested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy