looking for ideas on ford E250 springs replacement

sourdoughben

I have a 2003 Ford E250 2wd with "N" front coils and "G" rear leaf springs. with 20 yrs and 120,000 miles of service they seem soft and have sagged. Because my van has a DIY camper conversion and weighs 80 lbs. over it's GVRW. I'd like to replace an up grade both front and rear springs. The rear axle has 4200 lbs on it. The OEM 3/1 leaf springs are on the overloads full time. The "G" spring rating is know to be 2475 lbs, and I've found 4/1 2,750 lb replacements as an upgrade. I don't know if these replacements are too much or too little.
The front "N" coils have no pound rating that Ive found. They seem to hit the bump stops too regularly and have 3,400 lbs. on them. I found progressive wound replacements that sell as 35% increase over OEM but they don't say any pound values.
Anybody with pertinent replacement experience?
E250 a.jpeg

Last edited:

Raul

Adventurer
Some info I've collected on springs over time. I was looking for 4x4 vans but some info may be useful to you.

MOOG coil springs.
1700092538635.png

Leaf Springs

1700092644454.png

sourdoughben

today I ordered front coils 35% over OEM ? and rear leafs 4/1 2750 vs oem 2475 lbs. I will post after installed probably in a month. cheers

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hope they work out well for you… 3400 lbs is very similar to mines front end weight. I’m happy with the 880s Moog springs I’ve got on the front.

sourdoughben

update: springs are on and a great improvement, very much worth the effort and cost. Rear of vehicle is higher than the front by about 1-1/2"

Raul

Adventurer
Thanks for updating. Do you have any part number or seller link that you could help somebody looking for this info?

sourdoughben

I purchased from trucksprings.com. Shipping was a lot(west coast). But they had what I wanted in stock and I got them quickly, in shorter time than they quoted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78