lr-3 vs lr-4

Magnus

Observer
Is the radio layout really that relevant in an off road vehicle...?
I'm sure a few extra buttons will not spoil the overland experience.
I actually like the old school look... ;-)

A.J.M

Explorer
What i found out when off roading my 04 D3 and a friends 12 D4, the terrain response system has been changed.
In rock crawl, my centre diff is either open or closed. No inbetween.
The D4 has it in stages, 1/3rd, 2/3rds and fully on. The same with the locking rear diff.

I think the later D3's have this update but i'm not 100% on that. The D3 made it over every obstacle we met, but i think it was made a touch easier in the D4.
The D4 doesn't have the grab handles built into the front seats to help rear passengers climb in, something many people with kids miss.

NCLRbear

Adventurer
I have a '06 with a 150k miles. I get it servcied routinly and I havent had too many issues. It runs great!! Mine has the HD packedge and full size spare which is wonderfull.

Subdued

I have a '06 with a 150k miles. I get it servcied routinly and I havent had too many issues. It runs great!! Mine has the HD packedge and full size spare which is wonderfull.

This rig is on the top of my list to replace my daily driver / adventure vehicle next year. Can you please elaborate on what an acceptable level of issues may be.

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven