LR3 rock crawling carnage

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Don, aren't yours a 33" tires ?
Those STT sure look good , but i will probably swing towards a ST MAXX in smaller size than your STT PRO.I wonder if anybody has some input regarding a ST MAXx in this regard.
Eighteen that or I will get my hands on Racer 17 inch wheels from Mudtech , so I can get 75 sidewall .They sourced some smaller rotors and brake calipers for a LR4 so one can fit 17's on LR4 now.

zelatore

Explorer
Yes, 33.xx". I forget the exact measured size, just a fraction over. They're 275/70-18s

Honestly once I build my next rig (RRC) I'll probably 'downgrade' this to a 32" in something like the KO2 or STMaxx. A true MT like the ST-Pro is great in the nasty stuff...didn't damage the tires at all on this trip despite plenty of opportunities, but not as nice on the highway. Louder, heavier, worse mileage, more expensive, etc. The plan will be to back the LR3 down to more moderate trails and use the RRC for the serious stuff. The LR3 really just isn't the right platform for trials like the Rubicon, and I've still got my eye on the Dusey and maybe Fordyce somewhere down the road.

Ray_G

Explorer
Honestly once I build my next rig (RRC) I'll probably 'downgrade' this to a 32" in something like the KO2 or STMaxx....
... The LR3 really just isn't the right platform for trials like the Rubicon, and I've still got my eye on the Dusey and maybe Fordyce somewhere down the road.

Concur wholeheartedly though it has been great seeing all the stuff you've done with the truck (and ultimately what that has meant in terms of what has been done to it). I absolutely love my 3 but know I'll never get rid of my D1 for the same reasons you espouse. Both do things well, but they have different sweet spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven