Lucinda Build

Jb1rd

Explorer
I was thinking the same thing!!! Maybe we should dress up as the Ambiguously Gay Duo for Halloween and drive around with Free Candy stickers :) For some reason I don't think the soccer moms of Eagle/Miller Ranch would think it's nearly as funny as I do!

Just what the valley needs is two blue 4x4 ford vans!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
I was thinking the same thing!!! Maybe we should dress up as the Ambiguously Gay Duo for Halloween and drive around with Free Candy stickers :) For some reason I don't think the soccer moms of Eagle/Miller Ranch would think it's nearly as funny as I do!

Might be OK in Miller Ranch, definitely not Eagle Ranch! I'm in Old Eagle, so anything goes around here. We definitely need to get together and geek out van style. Now that I'm getting settled in my new job, I do actually have time now, and can help/ hang out like I said I would before.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
I've been remodeling the house trying to get it ready to sell, and it's taken me a little longer than I expected. The upside is it looks great and I'll do pretty well on it, the downside is that everything will be under 10' of snow by the time we move out there....lol

It might be hard to find a piece of property if I can't see it!

Yep, It's getting cold here now and we got a taster of winter today. You better hurry! Where are you thinking about moving to?

Lunchbox2

Explorer
Yep, It's getting cold here now and we got a taster of winter today. You better hurry! Where are you thinking about moving to?

I'm not exactly sure... Depends on if I want to go work in the film/video world or not? I have a degree and an awesome resume, but I'd have to live in or near Denver to get video work, and that ****'s expensive! I figured that once I put the house on the market I'll have some down-time, so we'll take a trip out there and roam around for a week or two, see where we like it.

I got a buddy down in Pueblo, another in colorado springs, then a few in denver, a cousin in greeley, and another buddy up in Longmont. If you're up for it, we'lll head out west towards your area and take a look around. I think I'll be able to make a better decision once I visit with locals and see what's up. I've moved around so much in my life, that I'd like to find a spot to call home finally....

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick... You are feeling veeeeerrry sleepy, drift now into a deep and peaceful rest, let all of your cares and concerns drift away into nothingness. You start to perceive a soft and distant chant that slowly builds in volume and intensity. You slowly begin to recognize what's being chanted by the unified voices of countless thousands of bipartisan American Lucinda fans "Paint Lu-cinda!, Paint Lu-cinda!, Paint Lu-cinda!, Paint Lu-cinda!...." when you awake you will be refreshed and have only one thought- that painting Lucinda (probably a candy apple red) is your first priority over all others and that it is only through completing Lucinda that all your Karmic stars will align to provide you true bliss. SNAP!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Now that's funny! It warmed up up a little bit here this week, so I fired her up to get the juices flowing and just sat in it while it ran thinking of what would be the next things I wanted to do her. Stereo and finishing the insulation and carpeting seemed to be the most affordable. But then I realized I need to paint the interior before I start putting carpet in, which got me thinking about painting the whole thing and what colors and so on. And that kinda snapped me into reality. I just had my second kid, my son in December, and money and time seem to be things I don't have a lot of lately. My wifes outback is getting old and I've had to keep putting money in that, just to realize we are out growing it. And I have Blueford T Justice, my 2006 E250 4x4 to get dialed in as well. All of this hit me like a giant wave, and got me thinking that maybe one of my vans need to go. And unfortunately, Lucinda might have to be the one. I'll probably not get any where near what I have in it back out as usual, and it is pretty much completely brand new as far as drivetrain and many other parts, but somehow she is the one has to go. We'll see, I might put both up for sale and see which one goes first.:(

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
I stand by my hypnotic take on your path to karmic joy, but I can't afford to finish my van either, or any of a dozen other important projects. Giving advice is always cheaper and easier than following it.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
It is good advice, too. Seems like every time I look on this forum it costs me money. So many cool things to buy and great ideas to that apply to my builds, and cool places to go.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
So now that the subject has been brought up, what would be a good asking price? First of all, there were only 325 of this model made in 1968, the Sportvan 108" wheelbase 3/4 ton. Now it has a fuel injected 350, turbo 400, NP 241C t case, 4x4 conversion, new springs/ shocks, hydraboost brakes, electric power steering, pop top, new seats front and rear, custom bumpers front and rear, custom rack, new tires/ wheels, new power steering pump, water pump, new aluminium radiator/ shroud, new windshield wiper motor, all sensors replaced, and who knows what else I'm forgetting. But. I pretty much either rebuilt or replaced with brand new before I put whatever it was in. Plus custom made a ton of stuff to make it all fit or work. Makes me tired just thinking about it. :Wow1:I was thinking somewhere around $10,000-12,000?

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
I thought 10, but remembered it needs paint inside and out....and that could potentially be a few thousand more (if someone was paid to do it). And that could scare people off. I know you have a ton of effort and time into it, plus all the material costs, but the loss on this one is gonna really leave a mark I think. Maybe paint it and then sell? It would up the value for sure, and prevent scaring buyers away, but you'd have to do it on the cheap and keep it clean at the same time. Sorry, just my opinions...

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
A thing is worth what someone is willing (and able) to pay for it. Many here on this site and elsewhere understand that they would be getting a functionally new van unlike any they could find anywhere else on the planet, and they get to choose what color they want it to be. I'd start high and see how it plays out. I expect someone with deeper pockets then I will love that van as much as I do, and want to avoid missing his chance.

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
I would hold off as long as possible on selling with as much time and effort you have in it if possible. Take it to Earl Schieb for a cheap quick paint job if you must but otherwise try to enjoy.
Try pirate if you must sell or ANY 4X4 site before trying craigslist for best return on investment.
Wish I could take her off your hands but I'm waiting on a 7.3. Otherwise yes.

Lunchbox2

Explorer
I was just thinking about Lucinda, but it's sad to hear you're going to sell it... I think you can get the $10k-$12k out of it, you'll just have to find the right buyer. Advertise it in the right places... join the 4x4 van page on facebook, and the chevy/gmc van pages, and you will find somebody that will appreciate it more than say craigslist... Everybody on there will just low-ball you and piss you off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven