Lucinda Build

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
After you post it on the forums, EBay could work, set a reserve and see what the market tells you. If the bids get to within 70-80% of what your were hoping, I'd leave it at that and wait for your buyer to find you. If someone bids close, at least that starts a conversation.

I've built and sold some one-off items on EBay, and the key is patience and not getting your feelings hurt of no-one appreciates your widget right away. Most are bargain hunting on EBay, but it's also a good forum to locate unique things that someone (somewhere) can't live without.

Right now with all the hot rod tv shows doing so well on tv, there's actually a good market for unique cool rides like Lucinda, and your build is at the perfect stage for someone wanting to do their own pimp-out routine. everyone wants to get into the act and get their shop noticed and get their own show. I've seen this first hand even here in NM- you can take the garage shows and multiply that by about 10, the number of shops with money looking for cool builds.

Corneilius

Adventurer
My Two cents are that posting in the right Craigslist is key....not necessarily your home base. A guy local to me buys 4wd vans then posts them in Colorado/ Utah/ Socal craigslists and ALWAYS makes money....its crazy. Those markets are so competitive that guys don't think twice about 750-1000 for shipping or buying a plane ticket

snomad

WOW is an understatement to this unique vehicle. Just read the entire thread after seeing your CL post. Simply amazing ... GLWS

sakurama

Adventurer
I just read this over several days and was really hoping it wouldn't end with a sale. Fantastic work and perseverance and some great fab skills. I know how kids can cramp your finances but it certainly gets easier after they're in kindergarten - both financially and practically.

Personally I'd want to keep the unique van and sell the other one but projects can be draining. Good luck either way and let us know when she's found a new home. Hopefully the new owner will continue the build and give the van another good second life.

Gregor

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20170825_181737_resized (1).jpg20170825_181633_resized.jpg20170825_182920_resized.jpg
Today is a sad, sad, sad day. Lucinda is on her way to Arkansas to go to her new home. It was super fun bringing her back from the dead. I always enjoy the build just as much as being able to go out and use it. Although, I do regret not using it as much as I should have, but we had some great times together. Now hopefully her next owner will get her out and put her to good use. Also, the new owner still has some work to do get her dialed in, and finish the build to his style and needs. It was fun and and thanks to everyone for their help, advice, and expertise with this build. Hopefully everyone enjoyed seeing something a little different in this forum. Now maybe I'll have a little more time and $ to work on BlueFord T. Justice. Although, I have been thinking of letting it go too. We'll see.......

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
Such a bummer, but it at least I can move on with my own life. I've literally lost sleep over the past couple of weeks contemplating buying this van from you and the troubles it would cause me.
-
If the new owner is on the forum, PM me if you ever decide to sell her, I may be more ready then, and Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven