M100 aftermarket axle for Toyota bolt pattern

high-and-dry

I am going thru this right now as well. The main reason for using the spacer is it lets the center cap fit, if you look at the pic Mischief posted above you can see the grease cap is out to far.

Also using the spacers would allow you get the spacer nicely lug centered and tight then the rim will hub center on the spacer if it has one. Some dont.

Edit the adapter rings some one posted above, Being less than a half MM off I bet you could do the old chill the hub heat the ring trick to get it on. Thats how they used to do bearing races when they did not have a press. NIce thing is once they are on they would not come off.

Last edited:
I changed tho the standard 6x5 hubs on my setup. Researched and found the Currie studs someone previously posted. Pressed them in. Mounted the hubs. Installed rims and Toy lugnuts with the shoulders. Don't tighten them down all the way yet and see how much play is there before getting into the centering rings. I did not need them. There is no play. Mounted them up solid and took the trailer for a hot lap around the streets and a short freeway jaunt. No problems at all.

Mischief

Using a spacer puts more of the load on the outer, smaller wheel bearing. I guess that's ok if your axle is over-spec but I didn't and still don't think it's a good idea if there is another way. Lol, I don't have any center caps so I don't have to worry about them. To each their own

42961754870_2101c1783f_c.jpg

Last edited:

high-and-dry

Okay I found some lug nuts that work with toyota allow rims and 1/2 20 studs. They are just over half the cost for the currie lugs bolts, but sense you may need to buy lug nuts anyway they are less than half price. Its 20 nuts for 39 bucks plus tax, and sense they are not an off the local auto store shelf item getting 20 makes sense for spares.

Spares is the key. I just wanted the same, tow rig and trailer. Sometimes with the nickle and dime stuff don't spare the expense. That one time, at night, side of a freeway, fixing that issue, Nope that's the metric nut, where is the other one??? Redundancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal