Mahindra 4x4 pickup

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
I saw a white one on the road in Alpharetta, Ga. last week. It looked better in person than I thought it would.
I think their US headquarters are there.
Mike

haven

Expedition Leader
Mahindra and Navistar are talking about the possiblity of using Navistar manufacturing facilities to assemble the Mahindra pickups in USA or Mexico. Navistar builds International trucks and Workhorse vehicle chassis, and has spare capacity in its manufacturing facilities. Mahindra needs to find a North American facility to assemble its vehicles to avoid the 25% "chicken tax" levied on trucks assembled elsewhere and imported.

Mahindra and Navistar already have a joint venture in India to build heavy trucks.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/0...artner-with-navistar-to-assemble-pickups.html

gmcpimpin

Observer
Yep it's huge.. look at it next to a F150..

3403633417_77e7ae3df2_b.jpg

Got a another picture of the colorado in shot?

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
I'd pull the bed, relocate the spare, lop the frame off behind the shackles, and fab a bumper and flat bed. Problem solved

pint

Adventurer
I just saw a 2 door white one with the push bar in Parker, CO a couple miles from my house 30 minutes ago. I really like the styling. JMHO. Don't know if it's worth $20K plus?

Navman

Adventurer
Bump. Any more news? Spring is coming soon...

I can't wait for this truck, although I know I'm setting myself up to be dissappointed. A dealer is supposedly just down the road.

JeffRRC

Adventurer
For some reason it reminds me of Squidward from Spongebob from that angle. But I like Squidward so it's OK. :)

Navman

Adventurer
For some reason it reminds me of Squidward from Spongebob from that angle. But I like Squidward so it's OK. :)

Sweet. You just gave me the hook I needed.

I'll convince the kids the truck looks like Squidward
The kids will beg me to buy it
I'll say no
The kids will go beg their mother to convince me to buy it
My wife will cave under the pressure
I'll get a new truck...all for the kids of course

JeffRRC

Adventurer
I registered with Mahindra online. They are supposed to notify me when they become available for a test drive.

fishy_frontier

Adventurer
How are tehy in size compared to your Frontier? What about ground clearance?

I haven't gotten the Frontier next to one but I would say they are very similar in size with the exception of more headroom in the Mahindra maybe. Ground clearance looks to be around the same height that my truck was when stock. I saw another 4 door today. If I can find one that's parked I'll try and park next to it and snap some comparison pics.

dox

I haven't gotten the Frontier next to one but I would say they are very similar in size with the exception of more headroom in the Mahindra maybe. Ground clearance looks to be around the same height that my truck was when stock. I saw another 4 door today. If I can find one that's parked I'll try and park next to it and snap some comparison pics.

I would love to see those comparison pics if you are able to find one. I'm keeping a close eye on these trucks.

When I'm ready to buy, it should have been out for at least a year and will maybe give them an opportunity to get any bugs out.

Maybe my expectations/hopes are too high, but a lot of folks in the United States would like a small-to-medium sized pickup with a diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk