Maranda V-365 in Washington $4750

WaSkillet

Maranda V-365 one-piece slide-in for 8' bed. Very similar to SpaceKap, made by same folks. I bought this brand-new in 2019, and after using it very lightly for my fish sales business (I'm a commercial fisherman that sells some of his own fish over the off-season) I've decided I need to upgrade to a dedicated freezer trailer/traditional truck camper for my delivery route.

This is a very, very lightly used unit. I carried two chest freezers in it (a 4' across the front, and a 6' along the driver side) for my smaller local deliveries. Total mileage I put on the cap is 1800-ish miles. It worked perfectly for me, I just need to increase the capacity of my operation. I still have all of the factory bed frames to fit it to any 8' bed (Ford, Dodge, GM), and haven't even spliced in the wiring to my own truck, so that's factory fresh too.

It comes on and off easily with a set of the high-end Rieco 2000# (each) jacks that fit this cap, so no there is no worry about it being stable while fully loaded and off the truck.

The only modification I made was to install a set of aluminum shelves, and these will go with the cap. This required drilling a few holes through the "studs" that are designed for that purpose. Other than that, this is a completely unmolested unit.

The Maranda V-365 has some impressive specs, and would be a great base on which to build your expedition vehicle. I've been lurking on this forum for many years, and have seen some really neat ways people have built these (and their kissing cousin, the SpaceKap) to travel in. I really wanted to do this after I outgrew it for the business, but fish sales have grown fast enough I need to put the cash into a freezer trailer to support the growth.

A few notable points for the V-365-

Interior volume 365 Cubic Feet
Front overhang is can handle an evenly-distributed 400# (this is while in use, not just parked)
Interior headroom 76" (I'm 6-1 and it feels roomy to me compared to my commercial fishing vessel)
Max interior width is 80"
There is 12' of clear interior space from front of overhang to rear doors.
Empty weight - 700lbs
Integrated floor - this is leak-proof solution to an expedition camper build
Keyed lock on rear door
Two interior lights
All stainless door hardware.

I know you can probably find well-used, ex-commercial caps cheaper, but there is nothing out there in this condition at this price point. These new are north of $10k at the factory in Toronto. The Reico HD jacks alone are $1019. My jacks have been used once.

I'm in a bit of a time crunch, since I will only be in the lower 48 for a few weeks. For a full-price offer on a deal that's done by the end of July, I will to do the following:

-Include the jacks.
-Deliver within a 750-mile radius of zip code 98203. Any further will be at an additional charge, but we can talk about that. Willing to deliver this up to a max of 1500 miles away. A non-refundable deposit in the amount of $1/mile one-way will be required to be made prior to my delivering it, up to $750 of which can be applied to the purchase price. Although I've lurked forever, I'm new to you all here, so I'm happy to let a trusted forumite act as escrow agent on the deposit. A box of smoked salmon could be sent to them as a thank-you for their help in facilitating this.
-Help you set up the camper on your 8' bed truck. I'm not sure I can help with the short-bed guys - I know some guys have done this but I can't say I'd do it myself.

I'm in Alaska at the moment, but will be down in Washington mid-week. Hit me up here with any questions you might have, requests for pics, etc. PM me for direct contact info. I'll post the pics I have right now - they are showing a bit dirty, but she cleans up very well.

Thank you for your interest,

Chris Hanson

IMG_20201221_142659125.jpg
20191201_102601.jpg
20191127_114855.jpg
IMG_20201216_075644884.jpg
View attachment 671580

Last edited:

WaSkillet

I apologize for the delay in replies - I do still have the cap, all PM's have been answered. Flying down to WA today, will update status as soon as I have a commitment.

Thanks,

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven