Maxtrax group buy?

dstock

Explorer
We didn't start this group buy thread.

Matt,

Totally understand that, but a lot of these group buys start the same way as a suggestion from the masses. I'm not angry like some of the others, just offering up a suggestion for the future should there ever be another.

Am I bummed I missed out? Of course, but I'll end up buying a second set at some point anyway, it's a great product. Apologies if I have offended you.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Matt,

Totally understand that, but a lot of these group buys start the same way as a suggestion from the masses. I'm not angry like some of the others, just offering up a suggestion for the future should there ever be another.

Am I bummed I missed out? Of course, but I'll end up buying a second set at some point anyway, it's a great product. Apologies if I have offended you.

No worries!

jessandjamie

I've watched and read stories for years here and finally created an account a while back. My wife saw this "group buy" on Facebook under Expedition Overland's page. I'm guessing I was one of the last to get in on it since they only had 2 orange available after I purchased the last Titanium Grey at 20:17 MST (I'm in Arizona). Now I'm not complaining, but, I'm guessing mine is one of the ones held up in customs since I haven't received any emails since the order receipt.

I feel the term "group buy" isn't accurate, it was more like a Black Friday door buster, available to the first 50 in line. Had to be in the right place at the right time. If they had treated it like the typical group buy, it would be hard to limit it to 50. There would still be people that missed out as well and complained in some form or fashion.

Anyways, Thanks for the discount.

4xdog

Explorer
...I haven't received any emails since the order receipt...

I got in early -- just about an hour after it opened, when everything was available -- but also haven't heard back since my order receipt. Not a problem though. It'll be months before I'm out with my Tacoma.

Indeed -- thanks for the offer, Maxtrax.

jessandjamie

Lucky you...I "settled" on Titanium (given the choice of it or orange). My truck is black as well as the roof rack they will sit on.....

Damn.... I've never seen so many people complain about a discount. And that included people who got the discount and people who didn't. What happened to society?

HercDriver

Adventurer
Fedex just dropped them off. Woot! Wish he sticker was clear around the lizard so I could throw it on the Jeep! Now I just have to figure out how to mount these things to the rig. Ive googled and it looks like they make mounts for them. Anyone had any luck with a particular set?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues