Mechanic / shop recommendations in LA area?

iamstyr

Hey all. I‘ve been living the expedition life for several months of 2020 & 2021, and now I’m making a pitstop in the LA area for a few weeks. I’d love to find a trusted mechanic to check over some field repairs and do some deferred maintenance.

Does anyone have any recommendations for:
1) a good Indy shop in the general LA area (a slight preference for east side); or
2) any shops where I could rent garage time to do some of the work myself? (can do most of the work, but don’t really have a good spot to work)

Thanks, y’all!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
For LA, the only shop I know of is British Car Services, near LAX airport. In Orange County, Gerry at OC Rovers, and Riverside you’ve got Ed at Inland Rovers. Not sure about shop usage, would love to have access to shop space myself!

etont

BC Motorworx in West Covina. New shop thats not Land Rover specific but the owner/mechanic worked at Land Rover/Jag for years and knows his way around these cars. Also overlands, etc and does lots of work on other 4x4 rigs. BCMotorworx@gmail.com or @BC.motorworx on instagram.

protohyp

Adventurer
Where in LA are you. Being LR owners we are always working on ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonGX

I'll give you one to avoid - Huntington Service Center in San Marino.

They did a PPI on an L322 Range Rover I purchased from out of state. I had limited options in that the dealer wouldn't porter the truck more than 10 miles so a bit stuck in where I could have it inspected. Luckily it was only $70 or so but they missed an oil leak and some preexisting damage. It wouldn't have been enough to torpedo the deal, but it was a bummer to find things on my own once I got it home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater