Mercedes 230GE SWB For Sale

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Dang, is this a CONVERSATION thread, or a FOR SALE Thread?

People seriously need to take it someplace else.

As for this truck! WOW this is a super looking G, thanks for sharing it with us. I wanted to ask, how does it ride?

I have an old 84 CJ-7, would you say that it is comparable? How about when you compare it to a new G or a new ML?

Thanks a lot, and best of luck with the sale!

Brian

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
Dang, is this a CONVERSATION thread, or a FOR SALE Thread?

People seriously need to take it someplace else.

As for this truck! WOW this is a super looking G, thanks for sharing it with us. I wanted to ask, how does it ride?

I have an old 84 CJ-7, would you say that it is comparable? How about when you compare it to a new G or a new ML?

Thanks a lot, and best of luck with the sale!

Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your kind words. It rides really nicely, people (including friends with Jeeps, one with a YJ and one with a JK) say the G rides much nicer than they do on the highway and around town. I also have shocks and coil springs (no leaf springs) so the ride offroad is much more comfortable IMO. I've never driven an ML, but it's very civilized and quiet in comparison to other G Wagens I've owned and other 4x4's I've driven.

Hunter

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Thanks much Hunter, a very nice vehicle you have there. I have wanted a G for some time now, so we shall see if you still have it when I have the money.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Brian

JohnsFJ

I love the internets. I think I have a picture of you...

Oh, here it is!
troll.jpg

oh look someone who thinks he owns the place. What I love are people who use words like INTERNETS.

At least my post has INFORMATION in it and makes a point. What did yours do? You are the troll. Think about it.

Where is the moderator now?

m635dude

Observer
Good luck with the sale Hunter, seems like a good price. I bet you'll be back into another one soon though haha.

I've fallen in love with mine and really haven't been trying to sell it. If someone actually came through with the money I don't know if I could let it go. These are just such rare trucks and the capabilities and ride quality are amazing. Also the reactions from people are priceless. My good friend also has an '83 g300td 2 door and as far as I know, we have the only two in the entire Pittsburgh area that are swb's. People love them!!

JohnsFJ

No Hunter, why don't you? you didnt need to post that and make this worse. You are just full of ego like your buddies are. I think you are angry because someone pointed out some truths about that rust and you can't deal with it.

i see a lot of bias here in favor of certain people and that is a shame! it makes it very uninviting.

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
Good luck with the sale Hunter, seems like a good price. I bet you'll be back into another one soon though haha.

I've fallen in love with mine and really haven't been trying to sell it. If someone actually came through with the money I don't know if I could let it go. These are just such rare trucks and the capabilities and ride quality are amazing. Also the reactions from people are priceless. My good friend also has an '83 g300td 2 door and as far as I know, we have the only two in the entire Pittsburgh area that are swb's. People love them!!

Hey thanks Adam. Argh, Don't say that!

I want to step back from buy another 460 for now. We've got a 463 G320 in the stable I get to drive (just had the head gasket done, runs great!).

JohnsFJ and everyone else

Thanks for pointing out the obvious - as I've said before THERE IS SOME RUST! You're not pointing out anything that has not been pointed out already.

Class is dismissed dude, stop polluting the thread. Mods, where is the 'beating a dead horse smiliey' when we need it?

EDIT -

Ah, here we go -
deadhorsebeat_2.gif

Scott Brady

Founder
Hunter,

I think your sale effort would benefit from additional disclosure on the rust, detailed images, etc.

Rust can be an expensive repair process on a G. Our 463 has rust at the base of the B-pillar, and it is a complex process to repair properly. Fortunately Mercedes has sheet metal replacement parts available.

Scott Brady

Founder
i see a lot of bias here in favor of certain people and that is a shame! it makes it very uninviting.

John,

There is no bias, there is an expectation that people act like adults and treat each other with respect. 303 did neither.

If the idea of treating others with respect is foreign or acting like a gentleman is a new concept, then there are other forums that will be better suited.

This forum is not a free-for-all, but has simple rules of family-friendly content, respect and intelligent debate. It is quite remedial.

Last edited:

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
Hunter,

I think your sale effort would benefit from additional disclosure on the rust, detailed images, etc.

Rust can be an expensive repair process on a G. Our 463 has rust at the base of the B-pillar, and it is a complex process to repair properly. Fortunately Mercedes has sheet metal replacement parts available.

Scott and others,

I will be speaking with my mechanic this afternoon and will have him take more detailed pictures of the interior and all/any rust spots that are present. I'll also have him describe for me where he sees the rust to as an accompaniment to the photos.

Hunter

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Brian,

Thank you for your kind words. It rides really nicely, people (including friends with Jeeps, one with a YJ and one with a JK) say the G rides much nicer than they do on the highway and around town. I also have shocks and coil springs (no leaf springs) so the ride offroad is much more comfortable IMO. I've never driven an ML, but it's very civilized and quiet in comparison to other G Wagens I've owned and other 4x4's I've driven.

Hunter

Brian, I'd say that a LWB G rides a bit firmer than a W163 ML(think Bilstein Sport's vs standard Bilstein's), but the G is so amazingly comfortable for it's capability it's mind blowing. G's are like tanks(ie pretty much bulletproof), but they drive like a robust car; no truck-like ride IMHO.

Bump for a very unique color'd W460 SWB (I haven't seen another with that color in the states), and one owned by a very knowledgeable and upfront G-fanatic. :smiley_drive:

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
I'm going to bump this. Mechanic isn't very tech savvy to snap photos for me as promised. No guarantees I'll be able to get any soon as I don't return to Maryland until mid-March. Trying to get someone to go over and take pictures of the rust. If you want to go look at it I would be OK with anyone taking pictures and posting them.

When I return in March I'll take more pictures (if it has not sold before). The vehicle is available for test drives, pre purchase inspections...etc out of Baltimore. PM me to make an appointment and I'll arrange it with my mechanic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven