MetalCloak?

Nomad_K

Adventurer
Just wanted to post an updated pic of the "Overland" jeep that we are building. This is on our 2.5" Gamechanger lite and has our 1st overland prototype fenders on it. It will be getting the new fenders and more equipped as things progress. We installed 35x12.50x17 Falken Tires on 17x9 Black rhino wheels.

View attachment 135813

Mixed feelings on the fenders. I'm sure from a function point of view that they're great. But with that front bumper and those tires, it looks like there's tons of room there, and that the tires are too small - especially in the rear.

Sorry.

Hopefully they can post a picture or two from another angle :)

While the 'look' may not be ideal, the extra clearance to run a 35 without any worry of rubbing is certainly a plus. And having high-centered my JKU on a pretty mild trail the other weekend - yes I could have taken another route but I wanted to see 'where things were at' stock - there is something to be said for a little extra height gained with a 2.5 lift + 1.5 inches from a 35 inch tire (vs a factory 32). That said, I think I am going to stick to a 33 :coffeedrink: .

JFarris

Wanderer
MetalCloak please call me ASAP. I left my cell on Facebook. You didn't give me shocks this morning with my kit

JFarris

Wanderer
Thank you very much for getting the shocks to me last night. You guys have awesome customer service! I'll be ordering more soon after the New Year. Suspension was installed last night and is better than I expected.

stoneydude

Observer
So any reviews on the duroflex joints vs JJ or similar flex joints? I'm thinking about getting some TJ short arms for my ZJ ( good flex while keeping that plush factory ride (I hope))

sgregg108

Adventurer
I know this is an old thread but any reviews of the lift?

Thinking of a 2.5 or 3.5" game changer lite for my JKU...

jscusmcvet

Explorer
I put front lower and upper control arms from MC on my 2005 LJ. The difference in ride over stock was remarkable. Easily the biggest noticeable ride improvement change I have made in any of my 7 jeeps. Customer service was top notch, including, a veterans discount, a phone call to thank me for my order, delivery in half the time they projected and some follow up contact to: 1, thank me again, 2, thank me for posting here and a couple other sites.

When I do the rest of my suspension, it will be Metal Cloak.

John

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I have a full set of their control arms on my 2012 JKU. Beautiful set of control arms, great coating, the control arm ends are welded at PROPER angles so they don't sit crooked in the mounts. The ends are narrow enough to rotate between the brackets without contact. Nice and smooth, firmer than the stock bushings, smooth easy movement and silent. Great product so far! I painted mine semi gloss black and the coating underneath is just extra protection.

I ordered from another company which was a pain, but metalcloak responded immediately to calls and emails, private message on forums etc.

sgregg108

Adventurer
Sounds good guys, glad to hear the great feedback from both of you. Brian, what height did you go with? I'm debating between the 2 and 3" lift due to the driveshaft issues w/most kits and I'm also not on a ton of rock crawling trails a lot. Mostly a daily driver w an off-road trip every quarter or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
My suspension is a mix of several things. But the springs and shocks are 3.5" from AEV. Needed a new front drive shaft. Needed a different exhaust y pipe. Needed to make pinion angle adjustments etc. Stock steering components wore out.
I'm not too familiar with the rest of the metalcloak components, but with real off road use and 35s I ended up needing to replace everything basically.

sgregg108

Adventurer
I thought you would say that about the drive shaft and exhaust. Figured steering components would also go down the line. I'll prob end up replacing everything as well, might do the 2.5" lift to start though and save some cash for the driveshaft and exhaust items down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-plorenow

Adventurer
I have been running the 3.5" game changer lite with OME shocks on my 09 JK Unlimited and absolutely love it. Great products and service. Great both on and offroad. I would run them again in a heartbeat.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
With 4.10 gears and 35s I had been getting 16 in town, 18ish around 60, as low as 13mpg at higher speed. It's been lower lately but I re-geared and winter gas may have something to do with it. I also have a higher/heavier top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk