MetalCloak?

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Whoa. Most places do AD discount but veterans? That's cool. Was it significant?

5%. Every little bit :)

Still happy by the way. I put about 300 miles per week and have a couple longer trips and one wheeling trip under my belt since putting on the metal cloak and still very happy.big creek 9.jpg

sgregg108

Adventurer
I'm installing my dual rate 2.5" arb kit this weekend, any tips /tricks for install? I asked around on JK forum as well, but wanted to see if anyone here could impart their knowledge before I start turning wrenches 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
The chart says to set the front uppers to 18 3/4" but that setting is for the kit with the lowers. Use 18 3/8" for the front uppers on the Dual Rate kit. You are shooting for 4.5 to 5.5 degrees of caster.

I'm installing my dual rate 2.5" arb kit this weekend, any tips /tricks for install? I asked around on JK forum as well, but wanted to see if anyone here could impart their knowledge before I start turning wrenches 😃

sgregg108

Adventurer
Thanks for the tip! Will at mc already told me that but I'll def take all the knowledge I can get!

JFarris

Wanderer
Wanted to update my thoughts on this kit. We have a 12' Rubicon withe the 3.5 & 10' Sport with a 2.5. I ordered both as ARB editions. I have been on countless trips with the 12' and just recently switched the ARB shocks out with King adjustables. The ARB's just couldn't keep up. I have not one single complaint with the Metalcloak kit. If I had to do it over again I would buy their kit again. I just wish the parts were black, instead of gold...lol.

sgregg108

Adventurer
So the lift install took a bit more time than I thought but the finished product looks great!

Question, it makes a weird click every now and then sounds like it's coming from the passenger side, it's strange though because everything seems tight and is torqued down. Any thoughts on what it could be? Sounds like a loose washer or something is hitting something.

I had the Jeep aligned on a computer system (2.5 days under the Jeep and I wasn't in the mood to tinker more with the arms and measure stuff). They didn't catch anything and I'm stumped.

Any insights would be welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpg
    IMG_5252.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 18

JFarris

Wanderer
Jeep looks good. My jeep is so noisy, I really can't hear much. Is it noticeable during a certain driving situation, like hitting a bump, going through a drive approach, or when turning etc? What shocks did you go with?

sgregg108

Adventurer
Thanks,

Sometimes it's when I'm going straight, sometimes on turns, bumps, not on drive approaches and it's not consistent. I ended up going with the Old Man Emu shocks, I got the ARB Dual Rate kit.

I was concerned because it almost sounds like a clunk from a loose control arm or some other big piece of metal. But the arms aren't loose, weird.

sgregg108

Adventurer
Figured out what it was, loose rear sway bar link. It was tight on the jack stands but when I put her down on the ground it loosed up. Got a new nylon lock nut this morning and swapped it out, no noise :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk