Might have gone overboard on what power I need.

high-and-dry

So I bought 1 of the amped outdoor 60 ah lifepo4 batteries and a 700 watt pure sign inverter, basically I sized the inverter to what the battery was good for. The battery is good for 50 amps continuous discharge, surge to 80.

Well renogy decided to send a 1000 watt inverter instead. I tested it and the battery was certainly good for 40 amps or so continuous running a 500 watt quartz light thru the inverter. Ever once in a blue moon the battery did not like the start up surge of the inverter, mostly after it had been sitting turned off for a few days. The charging of the capacitors in the inverter would kick in the battery high amp protection which I think is at 100 amps, which makes sense to the fact that the inverter could draw 100 amps under full load.

So I had a choice, return the 1000 watt inverter and say I want the 700... nope. Next I could have bought another 700 watt inverter, with my luck I would have gotten a second 1000 watt inverter. Yes The 700 watt only should cost 130 or so, but the 1000 costs 200 or so, I was not going to complain about the bigger inverter, but i only need one.

Next option, live with the battery every so often kicking in its protection. Nope

So what did I do like the cheapskate I am, I bought another 330 buck battery. yup my little 12 foot camper has 120 amp hours of lifepo4 battery, and 1000 watts of pure sign inverter.

A pic of the basic setup, still needs to be cleaned up, just installed for testing of the wiring for the 12 volt fuse block. Nope not over board at all.

W12i0U6.jpg

high-and-dry

Its a good thing I dont tend to go over board, Nope. Lets see a separate wire to every exterior light, a separate wire to each power point, pretty much everything is a dedicated wire. So that meant I needed distribution blocks. The one on the right is the exterior lights, the one on the left is power points and interior lights. The wires hanging down in front will be for a master switch bank where I can shut each circuit off, meaning I want the light circuit on, I can turn it on, water pump, power points etc all with a switch. Nope not over done.

vBdlbtV.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle